• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Hytera files chapter 11 bankruptcy

Status
Not open for further replies.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Interesting, I always said Hytera portables looked like they were giving the middle finger to everyone. Maybe I wasn't wrong.

The smaller agencies that have Hytera DMR systems, I can only wonder what they will do now when they need parts and additions.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Interesting, I always said Hytera portables looked like they were giving the middle finger to everyone. Maybe I wasn't wrong.

The smaller agencies that have Hytera DMR systems, I can only wonder what they will do now when they need parts and additions.

If it’s Tier 2 or Tier 3 compliant, there are other companies to buy radios from. Infrastructure is means a whole sale replacement though

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
If it’s Tier 2 or Tier 3 compliant, there are other companies to buy radios from. Infrastructure is means a whole sale replacement though
For the most part, that is one of the downsides to DMR infrastructure. Proprietary to the vendor in terms of linking and control. P25 can be different, or it can be the same depending on the vendor.

gman1971

I think better value would be okay, if done legitimately, with a properly paid workforce and due to own merit... but that is not the case here.

Back when you bought a Kenwood radio in the 80s etc, you knew the radio was, arguably, better or comparable quality and performance to US made stuff, which was fine. The US helped rebuild Japan after WWII, so I would've expected a country that built the Zero fighter plane, the Yamato battleship, et all... to flourish rather quickly with the large money and expertise inflow coming from the US to rebuild their nation.

China, is not, and never was in the same situation as Japan was/is.... Their radios were garbage from the get go, polished garbage, which appears to have more value b/c it costs a lot less, with fancy screens, etc, but when in fact, these doesn't. Its just lower cost, but its not a better radio, not even close. Can't compare a Kenwood/Icom to a Baofeng/TYT...

As for IP theft, no matter how big, or small... that's the end of a company for me. I will never support stealing, and thieves are thieves... whether they steal 10 dollars or 100 million... both are punishable by law. The little weasels are now trying to dodge the bullet... I hope they pay.

US consumers are not at fault that these thieves are stealing IP to save (or avoid) doing their R&D, so they can offer cheaper products... and then made with government subsidized money, too... and free labor... holy crapola... that is the capitalists wet dream... free ideas, free labor, gov subsidized money to make even more money... Unfortunately, tho, that system is called feudalism, and we ran that system for roughly 1000 years after the Roman empire fell in 476 AD... and those 1000 years were called, IIRC, the "dark ages"... before we finally (and slowly) came back to our senses during the Renaissance... Think of were we could've been today... when it took us from 1450 to 1969, or from the time Gutenberg invented the printing press to landing humans on the Moon, imagine if the press would've been invented in 550 instead.... Yeah... slavery, thievery, forced labor and subsidized government funds are totally the key to prosperity... for the few rich ones atop running the show... for the rest? Move over, peasant... The thieves don't invent anything new, they simply steal stuff, which conveniently its easier and cheaper... Problem is that parasites only thrive while the host is alive... and the moment the host dies b/c of the parasite infection, the parasite dies along with the host.

As things stand today, the US cannot compete with China b/c, first, they don't respect any rules, then they have pretty much free labor, and lots of it... and then they encourage the stealing of IPs for profit...

In other words: You can't hope to have an enjoyable chess game against someone who starts with 6 rocks, 16 pawns, after stealing your 8 pawns, an then claims that they all move like queens...

At this point all that can be done is impose some serious tariffs at the borders in hopes to contain the uncontrolled inflow of cheap and stolen IP products made by an even cheaper labor force, driven by rampant IP theft.

G.

phillydjdan

I love the "eff China, but I'm keeping my Chinese radios" sentiment LMFAO. Just remember, each time you key that radio up, you are supporting what the Chinese did *shrug*

gman1971

Totally, and that is why, me personally, at least, I am not keeping any of my CCRs. I've already gotten rid of a large number of those.

RFI-EMI-GUY

MAXON is actively trying to take over Hytera market share by offering a significant trade in value for Hytera radios, any condition as long as they power on.

bill4long

Let us not forget! LOL

I can see where stealing music and not paying for it is unfair to copyright holders, but merely keying a radio that one already owns has no economic effect. Maybe he's saying we should throw our CCRs out and buy non-CCR radios? Meh, I'll do that if he wants to donate the money to pay for them.

gman1971

And tell me, what makes you think I am part of a so called "Patriot" group?

So, why is it that it makes you laugh about it? Just remember that if you're laughing at them, they are probably laughing at you... and you just don't know it.

Last time I checked, being part of a "Patriot" group doesn't confer any special expertise in radios, nor their workings, nor their economics. Its just a group of people who believe in what their country ideals stand for.

I am all for affordable radios, but not made this way: using free labor, stolen IPs from other hard working companies, and then using subsidized government funds (which is money obtained from taxing the population, total double whammy, paying them population dirt and then taxing the living heck out of them... totally sounds like feudalism, if you ask me)

Used commercial radios are quite affordable, and in the majority of the situations these work way better than anything new made in China. By buying used commercial grade radio gear you could be helping your fellow patriots make it to the end of the month.

G.

I have to laugh when I see all these "Patriot" groups sporting BaoFengShue radios on their bullet proof vests.

K5MPH

Brownsville Texas,On The Border By The Sea.
Yay! Not that I'm totally completely unquestionably on Motorola's side in every imaginable respect, but because I despise all things Chinese with a passion reserved for our true enemies...red communists. And China is red communist, so...was that a surprise?

Richard Nixon made a huge mistake to deal with China. I was maybe eight years old when that happened and even then I knew it was a mistake.. The only thing to do with regard to communists is to block them from progress or destroy them completely. Not sorry for saying it. I am a child of the Cold War and a student of it as well. My father took an active hand in fighting it as pilot of the USAF RC-135 electronic reconnaissance aircraft during the Vietnam war. He told me and taught me enough to know that the true enemy is always the red one.

Of course Motorola should ensure that their entire product line is zero percent Chinese sourced, eventually. It'd be great to bring work back to America, but literally, Anywhere But China is a good enough answer. Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, Mexico, Canada, any European country.
you forgot Russia.......

gman1971

Well, regardless of Russia, China, et. all... the point is that Hytera stole stuff from Motorola, they even admitted to doing it... so its time for them to pay.

Think that If it would've been any of us, regular mortals, it is quite certain one would've been in jail by now, hammering on some rocks... probably for life.

G.

gman1971

Never underestimate a totalitarian regime ability to get people to work at gun point. Money is not the only thing that can make people work...

Status
Not open for further replies.