• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Hytera MD782 Password

W4ADC

Hello all. I acquired three (3) Hytera MD782 mobiles from an auction. Two of them programmed flawlessly as expected. Unfortunately one of them is "password" protected. Question??? Does anyone know how to bypass this or have a firmware reset procedure. Such a nice and useful radio to be rendered as useless. Thanks for any help or ideas.

dazey77

I have never had to get around a password. I believe that if you have the cps that corresponds to the radio firmware version you may be able to write initial config to it (but only the right CPS will work). That and firmware updates might do something. I would start by trying to find a CPS that will write intital data to the radio. This issue does come up on here from time to time so worth a search too.

0xFF1E071F

Hello W4ADC;
Did you solve your problem? If not, i might help you. You did not mention your firmware version. Anyway there is a tool named flashburn for hytera radios. Unfortunately sharing such tools on this forum is forbidden i think. But you can find it online ;)
1. Download and install flashburn
2. Read "user_defined" data. The result should be approximately 15-16Mb(You need programming cable for this)
3. Send that file to me. I am going to brute force and try to find your pass or reset it.

trafficcop608

Hello W4ADC;
Did you solve your problem? If not, i might help you. You did not mention your firmware version. Anyway there is a tool named flashburn for hytera radios. Unfortunately sharing such tools on this forum is forbidden i think. But you can find it online ;)
2. Read "user_defined" data. The result should be approximately 15-16Mb(You need programming cable for this)
3. Send that file to me. I am going to brute force and try to find your pass or reset it.
Got ya, so far I have not been able to locate the tool.

tried to call the seller who’s tag is inside the battery they are out of business.

many help is appreciated

Hyt321

Hello W4ADC;
Hello,

I have a PD605 with read and write passwords that have been lost - does this way work for this model?
Thanks

IK7VXC

@
0xFF1E071F

I have the same password problem with a PD758G. However I wasn't able to find this flashburn program. Could you give some pointers? Please PM me. Thank you.
Mike

jasej

Forgot to mention: Firmware version A9.02.01.013

My friend, according to a list I have, you need the Hytera CPS V9.00.09.306 iM version... But, I had the same situation, but I couldn't get access to the CPS V9.00.09.306 iM version, but I got access to newer firmware that I used to install on my PD782, and then use the correct CPS to reset the radio to factory settings...

Upgrade Firmware : A9.02.03.005 Cps used to reset my PD782i : V9.02.04.003 im.NA2

I hope the information is useful to you

Regards

Jae30001

Did you get this figured out? I've purchased two 782 radios and they are both password locked(when I try to read them through cps). The hytera website is not easy to navigate, pretty much downloaded all the versions, tried each one. I upgraded firmware with batch terminal upgradentool. Still no luck.

Finding flashburn is hopeless

jasej

Hi, Jae30001, !

Just look for CPS version CPS V9.00.09.306 iM , so you can reset your Hytera device with firmware A9.02.01.013.

Must work and clean your equipment...

See the attached..

. Greetings

Attachments

• CPS vs Firmware RadioReference.jpg
    CPS vs Firmware RadioReference.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 110

radioopperator

Feed Provider
Local dealer should be able to tell you how to over write the code plug then have no password.

idarlund

How do you bruteforce it? Extract a hash from the file and then johntheripper/hashcat it? If yes; How to extract hash, and what hash type is it? :)

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Did you get this figured out? I've purchased two 782 radios and they are both password locked(when I try to read them through cps). The hytera website is not easy to navigate, pretty much downloaded all the versions, tried each one. I upgraded firmware with batch terminal upgradentool. Still no luck.

Finding flashburn is hopeless
Even with flashburn, you aren't going to get too far, dependng on your FW version. After FW 7.5ish (or maybe 8?) the codeplug contents are all encrypted. In older versions the passwork could easily be found in the clear.

Jae30001

Even with flashburn, you aren't going to get too far, dependng on your FW version. After FW 7.5ish (or maybe 8?) the codeplug contents are all encrypted. In older versions the passwork could easily be found in the clear.
Ahh, your correct, and partially wrong. Your looking at the problem the wrong way.. You don't need to un encrypt it. You just need to "Brute Force" it. Flashburn lets you pull the data from the Hytera. Including the password locked file.

This can take 5 minutes, or hours. But its a simple path forward. Its not a high bit encryption. Its a simple encryption. You could write a program in a dozen languages, to force and retry.

Ofcourse, the most simple way. Is matching the CPS to the firmware, and doing a reset. But some firmware versions are not easy to come by.