I am a new user of a bcd396t and i need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

1998COR

I just purchased a bcd396t from Ebay and i am begining to think i am in over my head. It came with the cabling and three or four different software packages. I somehow got the info i wanted into it but i do not know how i did it and i do not know if everything i want is in it. How does all this stuff work?

fundhound

Hi I'm in the same boat with my new pro-96 it works great when using the talk group hold and I can follow every transmission but thats as far as I go. I don't know how to clear the banks of channels I don't want and I can't program any frequencies that I can scan. It continues to revert back to the programmed talk groups. Still looking for help in Maryland Eastern Shore. redline 1000@aol.com Thanks

trunker0205

I felt the same way when I got the BCD-996T...Best thing to do is read the manual and re read it again then start with some basic programing..Use the software if it has Arc-996 use that it makes programing so much easier and read scanning equipment thread in this forum there is alot of good info there...

First thing i would do is delete all the pre-programmed systems then start over..

Last edited:

seamusg

1998COR said:
I just purchased a bcd396t from Ebay and i am begining to think i am in over my head. It came with the cabling and three or four different software packages. I somehow got the info i wanted into it but i do not know how i did it and i do not know if everything i want is in it. How does all this stuff work?
You may want to read this:
http://www.grove-ent.com/SCANNERPROGRAMMING.htm

1998COR

DOES ANYONE HAVE A FILE FOR THE LOS ANGELES CA AREA THAT I CAN TAKE A LOOK AT. i THINK I GOT IT BUT I AM NOT SURE IF I AM GETTING EVERYTHING I SHOULD BE

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Go to the Maryland forum and ask. We've got several 96 users there. 73s Mike

fundhound said:
Hi I'm in the same boat with my new pro-96 it works great when using the talk group hold and I can follow every transmission but thats as far as I go. I don't know how to clear the banks of channels I don't want and I can't program any frequencies that I can scan. It continues to revert back to the programmed talk groups. Still looking for help in Maryland Eastern Shore. redline 1000@aol.com Thanks

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
No need to shout...try asking in the California forum <hint hint> 73s Mike

1998COR said:
DOES ANYONE HAVE A FILE FOR THE LOS ANGELES CA AREA THAT I CAN TAKE A LOOK AT. i THINK I GOT IT BUT I AM NOT SURE IF I AM GETTING EVERYTHING I SHOULD BE

jrplmil

He or she might be hard of hearing! Just so they know for shure all caps is considered shouting on the internet. Have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.