I-Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyes00only

Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2004
Messages
2,816
Reaction score
109
Location
Denver Colorado
Jerry

Let me know how the I-Call feature works. My state has a lot of digital APCO 25, but I live in Denver, and they use I-Calls a lot. I'm saving up for a digital unit, but the one that does I-Calls (BC296D), is not the one I will probably buy, so I may need to get a Pro96 & the 246. Gee, that's about $730 I don't have......................lol.

Jerry
 

Voyager

Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2002
Messages
12,058
Reaction score
53
eyes00only said:
Jerry

Let me know how the I-Call feature works. My state has a lot of digital APCO 25, but I live in Denver, and they use I-Calls a lot. I'm saving up for a digital unit, but the one that does I-Calls (BC296D), is not the one I will probably buy, so I may need to get a Pro96 & the 246. Gee, that's about $730 I don't have......................lol.

Jerry

If it's truly a P-25 system (9600 CC), nothing will track I-calls.

Joe M.
 

eyes00only

Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2004
Messages
2,816
Reaction score
109
Location
Denver Colorado
To clarify, Denver uses I-Call a lot on their analog EDACS system, but Colorado has gone with a HUGE APCO 25 system that many of the suburds, state patrol, wildlife, etc. has bought into.

Jerry



[/b]
 

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Joined
May 11, 2002
Messages
7,739
Reaction score
1
Location
Eclipse, Virginia
Jerry (eyes00only),

In my Smartnet system, I-Calls are not frequent but are always assigned to the first freq in the group, and the only other use of that freq is on the top and bottom of the hour broadcasting the system ID in CW. Setting that freq to FM allows me to hear all I-Calls on my Pro-96 and 2 Pro-2067's. My V1 Pro-92 will pick up I-Call with this freq set to MO mode, thus I don't hear the CW broadcast.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top