i just bought a pro2045 scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrshaw

i just bought this scanner for $100 bucks cad. I was wondering if anyone out there has used this unit and knows what i would be able to pick up in ontario canada. a link to a site in my area would be cool. I curently own an Icom ic-2gat 2 meter transciever. works well but limited to what i can scan because it is only 134.000 to 174.000 mhz. Thanks in advance.

andrshaw

ok. after looking around the site here i found codes. and i was able to get a code book for ontario. One question i have for this scanner is...how to i get the backlite to turn on?

SCPD

QRT
i just bought this scanner for $100 bucks cad. I was wondering if anyone out there has used this unit and knows what i would be able to pick up in ontario canada. a link to a site in my area would be cool. I currently own an I com ic-2gat 2 meter transceiver. works well but limited to what i can scan because it is only 134.000 to 174.000 mhz. Thanks in advance.

http://support.radioshack.com/support_electronics/doc62/62181.pdf

I just did a goole search for it

SCPD

QRT
i just bought this scanner for $100 bucks cad. I was wondering if anyone out there has used this unit and knows what i would be able to pick up in Ontario Canada.

Why do you buy something you know nothing about it ?

I guess my answer appeared after you posted your second respond.

Learn to use the Internet/ Google to find your answers

N8IAA

i just bought this scanner for $100 bucks cad. I was wondering if anyone out there has used this unit and knows what i would be able to pick up in ontario canada.
Being that the 2045 is an analog, non-trunktracking scanner, you are limited to the conventional frequencies for your area. The OPP are mostly digital and trunked. The best answers can be found in the Eastern Ontario forum further down the page.
HTH,
Larry

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
One question i have for this scanner is...how to i get the backlite to turn on?
Pilot lamps PL901 & 902 are located on each side of Liquid Crystal Display #DP301, They are in series so if one is burned out, both will not work. Also, a 4.7 ohm resister is in series and it too could be open causing both to lose the 9v required power.

Status
Not open for further replies.