I Need AWIN UIDs for the Wiki

drbeede

Feed Provider
I am currently trying to compile a list of AWIN UIDs to sort by agency and put into the wiki, I am adding new pages by agency, if anyone has a list of UIDs please email them to me so I can sort them and add them to the wiki. Thanks in advance. please send in txt format to: dr.alexbeede@gmail.com

drbeede

Feed Provider
They start with the ADEM ID of the county.
Ok I'm asking for the actual UIDs a list of the actual numbers, I am putting them into the wiki as I get them, not really concerned about what order they go in at this time, just trying to compile an actual working list of the numbers and identifying units at this time. I'm working on a list myself but anyone who has any feel free to post them here as a reply to this message, and thanks in advance.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
May I ask what the point is? UIDs change with radio changes and each, say, Trooper is going to have at least two (mobile and portable). At one point a few years ago I thought it would be neat but then the more I thought about it I didn't see the point. Maybe dispatch consoles would be handy but I'm not sure actual users would be of much use. Maybe I'm missing something...but honestly I'm not sure it's something that should be in the wiki as *some* may consider it info that should stay on the downlow. I would advise against it, actually.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
May I ask what the point is?

The point, in my opinion, is to identify any pattern or UIDs for an agency, allowing people to identify users on a new or encrypted TG. My experience is that such a list is very helpful.

While I understand your concern as to personal safety, I would hope @drbeede wouldn't be listing personal identifiers (such as Unit A123) but rather just listing agency names, as I did when I created the NC VIPER RID wiki. I believe, but could be wrong, that there are guidelines for the wiki submissions that say the same.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I can see ranges maybe being helpful, OK. Yeah, I was interpreting it that he wanted this UID is B25 and this one is B12, etc. "Compile a list" is what pushed me to think about it that way instead of simply ranges.

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
I have a ton of RIDs associated to unit ID info that I have collected, but I'll not share them.
I program them in my scanners for my use. It's a hobby, listen & collect info for yourself.

The more info like that gets out, the more justification an agency will say they have for encryption.

drbeede

Feed Provider
The point, in my opinion, is to identify any pattern or UIDs for an agency, allowing people to identify users on a new or encrypted TG. My experience is that such a list is very helpful.

While I understand your concern as to personal safety, I would hope @drbeede wouldn't be listing personal identifiers (such as Unit A123) but rather just listing agency names, as I did when I created the NC VIPER RID wiki. I believe, but could be wrong, that there are guidelines for the wiki submissions that say the same.
yes this would be one of the reasons, to easily identify users if a new encrypted TG comes up, would have served me well a couple weeks ago with a AWIN submission where I was trying to correctly identify an encrypted TG, I ended up having to directly email the agency and ask them, but if there had been a list to reference then I could have just looked and compared it to known UIDs. I don't understand what the issue is with the listing of UIDs in the wiki, the MOSWIN has a nice listing. Why should the Arkansas Network be any different?

drbeede

Feed Provider
Everyone can just forget I asked about the UIDs I'll abandon this project. This is worse than trying to talk about encryption, I'm done with it.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
yes this would be one of the reasons, to easily identify users if a new encrypted TG comes up, would have served me well a couple weeks ago with a AWIN submission where I was trying to correctly identify an encrypted TG, I ended up having to directly email the agency and ask them, but if there had been a list to reference then I could have just looked and compared it to known UIDs. I don't understand what the issue is with the listing of UIDs in the wiki, the MOSWIN has a nice listing. Why should the Arkansas Network be any different?
I would encourage you to continue, it is a very useful tool for people monitoring.

Two comments...
1. Please keep in mind, just because an agency UID shows up on a TG doesn't necessarily mean it is their TG. On our state system there are LE Encrypted TGs that are shared with different agencies at different times. So if you are IDing them based only on UID use common sense and do research to make sure it actually belongs to a particular agency.

2. In my opinion I don't see anything wrong with listing UIDs in the Wiki, my concern is listing identifying personal info in the Wiki. For example saying UID 12345 is District One Arkansas Highway Patrol is a lot safer than saying UID 12345 is Unit D444 (or Officer Adams) District One Arkansas Highway Patrol, because then you are listing personal identifying info.

drbeede

Feed Provider
I would encourage you to continue, it is a very useful tool for people monitoring.

Two comments...
1. Please keep in mind, just because an agency UID shows up on a TG doesn't necessarily mean it is their TG. On our state system there are LE Encrypted TGs that are shared with different agencies at different times. So if you are IDing them based only on UID use common sense and do research to make sure it actually belongs to a particular agency.

2. In my opinion I don't see anything wrong with listing UIDs in the Wiki, my concern is listing identifying personal info in the Wiki. For example saying UID 12345 is District One Arkansas Highway Patrol is a lot safer than saying UID 12345 is Unit D444 (or Officer Adams) District One Arkansas Highway Patrol, because then you are listing personal identifying info.
Ok so listing something like say this under Arkansas Game and Fish Commission, would be expectable?
  • UID: 8454972 Game Warden/Wildlife Officer

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Ok so listing something like say this under Arkansas Game and Fish Commission, would be expectable?

That would be fine, you can even expand it to:
8454972 Game Warden/Wildlife Officer District A4 Perrytown

All I'm saying is don't add names or unit numbers. Look at the NC Viper UID list (link above) I created to see how it is set up.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber

Since I am one who initially raised concern, yes I think that would be fine. As @RaleighGuy said, I would not be in favor of specific person identifiers (as in, a specific officer). Listing it by agency/district would require less maintenance down the road, too; officers may change somewhat often but radios often would transfer to their replacement so the RID/UID would likely stay the same in some cases.

drbeede

Feed Provider

All I'm saying is don't add names or unit numbers. Look at the NC Viper UID list (link above) I created to see how it is set up.
Yeah I seen that, nice layout, I have elected to do something similar, it may evolve over time or as I gather more UIDs.

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber

You have a ton of specific unit numbers in that list. Keep that info to yourself.

Scanning is a dying hobby with the high price of scanners & the ease of anyone listening via Broadcastify. Let's don't do anything else to quicken it's death.

1700235064779.png

1700235145880.png

1700235251004.png

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
You have a ton of specific unit numbers in that list. Keep that info to yourself.

Scanning is a dying hobby with the high price of scanners & the ease of anyone listening via Broadcastify. Let's don't do anything else to quicken it's death.

I can't control what others post, and I strive to keep the info out, like I suggested to the OP. Please feel free to remove anything you see that is objectionable, I just don't have time to continue to monitor and correct entries to the wiki.

drbeede

Feed Provider

View attachment 151438

View attachment 151439

View attachment 151440
I do not intend to put any personal unit numbers in my wiki entries for AWIN, all identifying personal info has been edited out and will only contain The UIDs and the identifying agency. As UIDs are always evolving I hope the list will help aid in identifying unknown TG's when they are discovered.