I really need help with my PRO-164

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eaglefan05

I need Major help with my radio shack pro-164!! I am noob at the whole scanner deal and i bought to have a hobby to get into. As far as knowing what to do i know how to program a station to a certain channel and scan. That is about all i know how to do. I would love to be able to learn how to figure how to work this scanner a little more. Anyone willing to help please feel free to give me a few pointers..

CStarr59

Welcome Eaglefan05 to RR, the pro-164 is a very good choice in a scanner. First of all read the manual one section at a time, I know it's not easy to understand but a little bit at a time. Try conventional frequencies first before even thing about trunking. Get to know your scanners features, the pro-164 does a lot of nice stuff in an easy to understand way. Once you learn some about your scanner try some software and get a pc cable and join RR as a premium member and download straight from this website. Thats how I program mine, it very simple with software. But it would be good to understand how your scanner works first. There are lots of people here to help, don't be affraid to ask even the smallest of questions. Good luck and enjoy that pro-164.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
We might be able to give you specific pointers if you tell us where you are and what exactly you want to monitor (how about a link to the data in our DB?).

Welcome to RadioReference.com!!! Note the PRO-164 is the same scanner as the PSR-300, I love mine.

Eaglefan05

I live in Hattiesburg MS I would like to monitor lamar county pd, volunteer fd,and emergency managment and hattiesburg pd and fd and ems

Status
Not open for further replies.