I wish the BCD536HP had...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Well it does show "unknown" on the 436 but it also shows the site location it has stopped on right above the TGID. View attachment 45118

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have the 436hp yet waiting on HRO to ship it off due to back order. I do have the 536hp and doesn't show unkown. But when I do a search id it will show unkown til I save it.

SCPD

QRT
I wish the 536HP from the factory had mounted the speaker on top of the silver metal cabinet inside and left out the black spacer,I cut the hole and did it myself,sounds alot better now!The black sleeve fits on as long as you wrrench the screws on.;)

AC2OY

Actually it is the fifth line at that point.

Quite true hawk but did anybody figure out how to get the TG/frequency to flash or switch back and forth like the GRE PSR-800 does? There has to be a way?! Another quick question, other than in discovery mode can you find new talk groups?!

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I don't have the 436hp yet waiting on HRO to ship it off due to back order. I do have the 536hp and doesn't show unkown. But when I do a search id it will show unkown til I save it.

After I got the 436 a month ago I did see Unknown like the first hour I guess if you have ID Search and it is not program it will show that til the Tgid is programed.

scanphreak

I would like to see some other display background colors, like the black font over amber etc. And also I would like a dedicated remote-head unit like the BH-96.

bama9999

Quite true hawk but did anybody figure out how to get the TG/frequency to flash or switch back and forth like the GRE PSR-800 does? There has to be a way?! Another quick question, other than in discovery mode can you find new talk groups?!

Yes, if you have it set for ID search instead of ID scan, it will find new talkgroups that you don't have programmed in a system.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
I didn't notice this until I got the 436 but when scanning P25 systems the 536 doesn't show which site the signal is coming from when it's stopped on a transmission. If it's not a stored TGID it just says "unknown" for the site location. This goes either way with or without 3 line display on. BUT on the 436 I noticed it does show the site location when stopped on a transmission. Is there a way to activate this feature on the 536 because I haven't found it? If not I would like to see this in a future FW update for the 536.

AMEN

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Line Out

There is a line out on the circuit board inside you just have to get a jack and add it yerself

I doubt they want to void their warranty. Especially, those of us with 3 years. May be an option once it is no longer covered.

coolderb

I wish it had the discriminator output and ability to follow Provoice like the PSR800.

jdanon

Instead of pushing the volume knob in to change display brightness, I'd rather it be a mute toggle button.

SOU

Premium Subscriber
Alert light

I would like to see a way to set the time that the alert light stay on, or even stay on. It is nice to just glance at it and know what Talk group it is on. Much safer when driving.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
OMG let's see Line Out/ Record and no SD card. No darn clock. A removable board containing the Guts for the decoding of different system types so you could just swap out a board for any NEW stuff that comes out. A better display which would give the tower info etc etc etc...

Voyager

I would like to see a way to set the time that the alert light stay on, or even stay on. It is nice to just glance at it and know what Talk group it is on. Much safer when driving.

This has been discussed many times before. It's widely believed that this is not an option to due patent issues.

SOU

Premium Subscriber
Patent Issues!! it is a light. What is the tread were this is being discussed?

Status
Not open for further replies.