I would like to get my Technician ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris1594

Congratulations Chris, welcome to the mad house of amateur radio. Mad house because you're gonna scratch your head about some of the modes, technik, other operators, what next to buy; well you get the idea. But it is a FUN mad house. You'll enjoy it.
Yeah tell me about it lol I just got a Baofeng hand held radio and am still scratching my head between the different modes and input data. Youtube is definitely my friend with this haha. So much to learn in this hobby but it’s just a learning curve.

cmdrwill

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb_lonny View Post
Your focus should not be on the questions per say but understanding what you are learning.

Don't just memorize the answer to the question,study Amateur radio theory.....

Exactly, if you know 'why something works' you will not only know the answer, but have that knowledge as you learn more after you get your license.

Chris1594

Thanks everyone I appreciate it a local club is giving classes for the General test it starts Monday and is 6 weeks so I’m going to take those classes then get my General ticket in December ��

zz0468

QRT
Banned
And before you take the test, read FCC Part 97. You don't have to memorize it, but if you read it, and see that it's mostly common sense, you retain an excellent idea of what's allowed and what's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.