Icom: IC-905

N4DJC

It’s only money, the 10 Ghz will be an option. Looks like it could be a stand alone transceiver for some bands, rather than just a control head for the remote PA module.

N4DJC

USB input for modulation opens up all kinds of interesting options for "custom waveforms" and experimenting!

USB C based on what I heard, AV in and out….digital ATV anyone?

Last edited:

W8HDU

A ham I know who probably makes more in one day than most of us make in a month was notorious for getting everything new that came out, with all the options. We used to say he was the poster boy for "Collect the Whole Set!"

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
I will need two of these. One for myself and another for a friend. I will win all of the points in the ARRL VHF contest and be SuperQSO King. Joking aside, I have a feeling Wayne Overbeck N6NB may be purchasing a handful of these for his ARRL VHF rover team.

N4DJC

Icom UK has a pre release brochure. The capabilities are pretty impressive.

Ham Radio DX has a really good video on YouTube.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Can't wait to grab one. Especially since it keeps the same form factor as the 705. The removable RF module follows what cellular companies like T-Mobile use, remote radio units- to eliminate feedline loss. Brilliant. Again, WHO ELSE is innovating like this in ham radio? Icom is advancing the "art of radio" not dwelling int he ANALog past.

N4DJC

Can't wait to grab one. Especially since it keeps the same form factor as the 705. The removable RF module follows what cellular companies like T-Mobile use, remote radio units- to eliminate feedline loss. Brilliant. Again, WHO ELSE is innovating like this in ham radio? Icom is advancing the "art of radio" not dwelling int he ANALog past.

Icom is offering antennas for the 2.4, 5, and 10 GHz bands…it’s pretty clear they’re aiming for amateurs interested in the bands but hesitate for lack of ready made equipment.

I’m hopeful Icom can maintain a $2500 price point.