IC-T7H ?....

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD8NIV

Looking for info on this radio....
Never used one of these, and like to know if this is a old radio or what, haven't found much info on it...

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Have you tried Google?

I did find it on RigPix.com:

RigPix Database - Icom - IC-T7H

Thought it looked familiar. I owned one for a short time back in the 1990's. Won it at a hamfest. I was short on funds at the time and already had a usable handheld, so I sold it at another hamfest. Probably only had it out of the box once.

elk2370bruce

I've had one and it has held up well for almost ten years. By today's standards, it is a bit of a brick but itsa solid radio. There is even a program cliffnotes sheet for it. Easy to program.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Older handy, and dang reliable.. own one and will until it goes to the great radio graveyard..

I also echo elk2370bruce's comment on ease of programming.. Can't listen to both bands at once is the only drawback to this rig.. Accessories are still readily available as well.

PACNWDude

Have had one for 6 years or so. The plastic case is very solid. I had thought it would break the first time I dropped it, since it was so heavy and plastic cased. It is still going strong. The antenna they come with is very flexible which is nice if you wear it on your belt. VHF/UHF in one radio, great receive quality, and loud audio out of the speaker.
It may be discontinued at this time, but worth it as a first or second handheld radio if you do not need it to be water proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.