ICOM IC-PCR100 Start From Scratch

Status
Not open for further replies.

KQA726

Just purchased an ICOM IC-PCR100. Tried the Wiki, but broken links trying to get software to operate it.
Was suggested to try and run PCRAnyWhere software, don't know if the unit is a dog or even works yet.
First of all, assume I'll have to use a serial to USB adapter for Windows 7 or W8? 115200 baud, or 9600 baud?
Can someone point me to a site to get this ole ICOM PCR100 connected to a laptop and tuning-in stations (possibly even scanning?)
Is this too old of technology and not worth all the time it will take to make it run and eat the cost of the radio and buy a newer SDR plug-in unit?
Like to get the old school tuner working. Sale did not include ICOM operating software.
Suggested sites and links appreciated.
Thank you

compuscan

Hi,

I think you'll find that's a great receiver. It's basically an ICOM PCR-1000 without the SSB or Digital NR option (Optional Icom UT-106 Digital Signal Processing (DSP) module ) but it has a better band scope and stereo output. You'll need a Serial to USB cable that works with Windows 10 (some don't so please check before you buy). I recommend Trunk PCR for your software.

The original software download that will also work with Windows 10 (if you follow the instructions here at the bottom of the page):

Here is the ICOM PCR-1000 software to download for you to copy over the need file for the PCR100 software to work. This PCR1000 software will also control the PCR100 (I've been told by several people) but the software features that are PCR1000 specific will not work with the PCR100.

Some other info on the radio is here:

Also check out TrunkPCR, PCR Pro, PCR Server and PCR Mini . Trunk PCR is one of the best programs out for this radio, works with Windows 10 and please support the author:

Last edited:

compuscan

TalkPCR is another good program for the ICOM PCR-100.

TalkPCR Version 3.0 Beta is "FreeWare" along with versions 2.4, 2.92 & 2.99. I've used version 2.4 before and found it great software (I think it runs on Windows 10 but not 100% sure). Some how I lost my copy of TalkPCR.

With the Yahoo groups now deleted, How do I find TalkPCR Version 3.0 Beta to download or even Version 2.99?

Looks like their are two versions of the software. The original sharewave versions and the updated Freeware versions of v2.4, V2.92, D6 v2.99d & 3.0 Beta. The shareware versions has a pop-up dialog box every now and then asking you to register. The freeware versions say it's freeware in the about box. Does anyone know of a site that has all four versions of the updated freeware versions?

I find TrunkPCR the better software and it's also the newest but it's still handy to have several different software programs for your radio because one software may have a feature you like more than the others and you can switch back and forth as you like depending on what you are doing at that time with the radio.

----------------------------------------------

This is a posting from Pete Mahy, QROSoft Ltd and shows feature differences:

----------------------------------------------
Important information.

As from midnight 31 March 2004, QROSoft will suspend trading.
This is purely due to lack of engineering time available to fully support and improve the TalkPCR product.
QROSoft may be back later, we have some very interesting new products.
We would like to thank all who have supported TalkPCR.
Un-crippled, freeware versions of TalkPCR will be shortly be available from this site;

ie Ver 2.4, 2.92, and the D6 version 2.99d.

Pete Mahy,

QROSoft Ltd.

You may like to try the latest version of TalkPCR, available at :-

http://www.qrosoft.co.uk/tpv20/tpv2_99d.exe {903kb}

This file is a self extracting install of the TalkPCR.exe only, it requires version 2.4
previously installed.

This version will become eventually become version 3_00, with an updated help file and full install.

This version has several new features, (over version 2.4);

Support for several USB to Serial adaptors, details here,
Search, Sort, and Print in the channel Edit form,
Save Spectrum Analyser data to CSV,
Many adjustments for Windows XP,

Selection of Sound card for playback and record.
Rework on Bandscope timings.
Listen to peaks on Bandscope, (PCR100).
Several minor bug fixes, and other user requests.

Version 2.99c Allows longer delays for Auto recorder.

Version 2.99d Fixes Play all Tagged file bug.

Note.
Version 2.99, is built with Delphi 6, all previous version were built in Delphi 3.

There are some major differences with the Delphi 6 build, these include Mouse wheel, serial port driver and audio drivers.

The last build using Delphi 3 is tp2_92, still available at :-

http://www.qrosoft.co.uk/tpv20/tpv2_92.exe {548kb}

(Self extracting zip of the TalkPCR.exe only.)

-------------------------------------------------

Review Here:

Status
Not open for further replies.