Icom IC-T2H

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuckMaster

Got this from a buddie of mine that no longers uses it and i'm wondering if i can modify it and make it able to work with my fire department frequencies. If so can some one give me a little heads up on what to do? Thanks

fineshot1

Got this from a buddie of mine that no longers uses it and i'm wondering if i can modify it and make it able to work with my fire department frequencies. If so can some one give me a little heads up on what to do? Thanks

If it is possible that would be illegal to use it in the commercial vhf spectrum as it
is NOT fcc certified for that usage on those frequencies. Your fire chief may also
not allow it due to it not being certified for public safety usage.

WouffHong

Just when ya need it most..

If it is possible that would be illegal to use it in the commercial vhf spectrum as it
is NOT fcc certified for that usage on those frequencies. Your fire chief may also
not allow it due to it not being certified for public safety usage.

Have also seen both Ham and Oriental-origin transceivers walk out of the passband of the repeater by over-deviating and/or drifting (or just off-PLL precision needed) JUST when you need it the MOST and are yelling into the mike for help..

Assuming the mike is still working after dropping it or getting wet. :-(

One has to ask: "Are you feeling lucky today??" (If that is quoted correctly from Dirty Harry :roll: )

Da Wouff
http://wouffhong.org

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.