If you use DSDPlus, THIS will help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillipsc84

Premium Subscriber
So if you are using DSDPlus but don't want to have a bunch of command prompt windows open this is a nice little free program to clean that up.
It's called ConEmu and it is a tabbed command prompt program. Download Here

I have been using it to keep my windows together and in one pane instead of all over the desktop. Here are some screenshots to show you what it looks like. You can really customize the app to look and work how you want and also split the screen to show two command windows side by side with any % of split you want.

Just wanted to share with anyone who may be interested in something to help wrangle those command windows.

I'd also recommend AquaSnap also (not free for all features) if you want to be able to snap windows to edges of the screen and other windows plus a lot more.

(I am no way affiliated with or making any profit off of these two programs, for the legal minded people)

Attachments

• Screen 1.jpg
    Screen 1.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 242
  • Screen 2.jpg
    Screen 2.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 231

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
So if you are using DSDPlus but don't want to have a bunch of command prompt windows open this is a nice little free program to clean that up.
It's called ConEmu and it is a tabbed command prompt program. Download Here

I have been using it to keep my windows together and in one pane instead of all over the desktop. Here are some screenshots to show you what it looks like. You can really customize the app to look and work how you want and also split the screen to show two command windows side by side with any % of split you want.

Just wanted to share with anyone who may be interested in something to help wrangle those command windows.

I'd also recommend AquaSnap also (not free for all features) if you want to be able to snap windows to edges of the screen and other windows plus a lot more.

(I am no way affiliated with or making any profit off of these two programs, for the legal minded people)

I haven't even checked it out yet, but I already love it. Thanks for sharing!

Mike

jdolina

Premium Subscriber
You can also use windows terminal preview from the Microsoft Store which does the same thing and will eventually be included with windows.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Ooooooo... I like it!

Phillipsc84

Premium Subscriber
You're very welcome! Glad to know this might help out for some. Windows Terminal is a great tool also since ConEmu can get pretty advanced with TONS of options and so may not be for everyone.

Hopefully anyone else that might have any other cool tools for making life easier will share too.

redbeard

OH, PA, WV Regional Admin
Database Admin
I'd like to point out that DSD+ has had built-in window hiding capability for some time now using the -_ switch.
Code:
@ECHO OFF
ECHO Starting FMP24 and DSD+
START FMP24 -i1 -P0.5 -_1 -f407.6125 -g28 -o20000 -b9 -z0 -s0 -t1
TIMEOUT /T 2 /NOBREAK
START DSDPlus -F1 -r1 -_3 -O NUL -f1 -i20000 -v4 >>NUL
EXIT
The -_1 hides the console window of FMP24 and the -_3 hides the console and source audio windows. Other numbers give different results.

polkaroo

Missed him again!
That works mostly for me... The terminal (DOS prompt) window never stays minimized for me on relaunch but the other windows remember. But I use the -_3 switch on FMP24 to minimize all the windows, and -_1 on DSDPlus.

Anyone have an app that combines windows into a "desktop"? I run 4 SDR sticks on 4 instances of DSDPlus. I'd like to group the relevant FMP24 and DSDPlus windows together so it's less taskbar clutter and easier to tell which FMP24 instance belonging to a DSDPlus (ie. I'd group by system ID.) Right now, it's impossible to tell which FMP24 instance feeds which DSDPlus from the taskbar if I just want to reload a single FMP24 or DSDPlus that's acting up - due to their size, the Nooelec SMArt sticks are notorious for momentarily disconnecting from the USB hub no matter how I try to secure them.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 12.30.52 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 12.30.52 AM.png
    160.7 KB · Views: 39

redbeard

OH, PA, WV Regional Admin
Database Admin
That works mostly for me... The terminal (DOS prompt) window never stays minimized for me on relaunch but the other windows remember. But I use the -_3 switch on FMP24 to minimize all the windows, and -_1 on DSDPlus.

Anyone have an app that combines windows into a "desktop"? I run 4 SDR sticks on 4 instances of DSDPlus. I'd like to group the relevant FMP24 and DSDPlus windows together so it's less taskbar clutter and easier to tell which FMP24 instance belonging to a DSDPlus (ie. I'd group by system ID.) Right now, it's impossible to tell which FMP24 instance feeds which DSDPlus from the taskbar if I just want to reload a single FMP24 or DSDPlus that's acting up - due to their size, the Nooelec SMArt sticks are notorious for momentarily disconnecting from the USB hub no matter how I try to secure them.
I also run 4 SMArts at a time in a hub. Windows 10 groups the windows in to one taskbar icon already. Each FMP window title displays a number 1-4 since I am starting FMP24 with the -i1, -i2, etc switches. I am also starting DSD+ using the -F1, -F2, etc switches. I run all of them from the same directory. RTL dongles have been edited with rtl_eeprom to serialize them 1-4.

Status
Not open for further replies.