Im lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

d9a3k

Hello,

I just got the new BCD396T and for the life of me cannot figure it out.

I got my local frequencies programed but im just not sure how to put in the apco-25 or trunked channels in.

I dont really know anything about trunked channels, the call groups or alpha tags.

I know i can have this programed from my PC does anyone have most the NW arkansas frequencies i could just clone to mine.

Thanks. This forum has helped me so much in the past. I just cant go anyfurther on what I read.

d9a3k

Mule1075, Id like to have carroll, boone, washington, benton, madison, and the lower counties in Missouri that border arkansas over to taney co. I dont have any software to program it with that i know of, but i have the PC cord.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Since it seems you are just starting off here, I'd start with this wiki article - note that anything in blue and/or underlined is a link

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Uniden_DMA_FAQ

I would pay attention to the trunking link - in that article, just read the overview stuff for now.

As explained in the FAQ (at the bottom) there's a link to the 'Easier to Read' manuals for each of the DMA scanners including the 396. I would save that webpage - it's a lot easier read then the manual which is not very good.

Someone in the Arkansas forum may well have files you can use. Post your question for these in that forum

73 Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.