IMPD North Distrct car in creek Sat 2-11-2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

W9NES

IMPD has been called to WISH Park on Westlane road east of 71Street and Michgan Road for a car that has been found in a creek with a person dead in the car.IMPD has a Command Post set up in WISH Park. Adam 201 a second shift LT is calling for a tow truck to pull the car out of the creek.201 has asked for a PIO officer and missing persons detective to the scene.News Media is being told to stage at WISH Park. Radio Traffic is on IDPS IMPD NO-1 Talkgroup 10106. Sat 2-11-2012 2:50PM.

aliby19

Feed Provider
Hey Tim,

Thanks for posting this. Just an FYI, the subject of this post makes it sound like an actual IMPD patrol car went into the creek. As a suggestion, you might want to give a better description of the actual location in your subject/title, instead of referring to location by IMPD district.

Just my two cents. Thanks!

W9NES

As I posted a car was found in a creek in the IMPD North District, As for the location it was in the area of Westlane Road at Township Line Road which is east of 71Street and Michigan Road, Person was found dead(10-0) in the car in the creek. The person has been missing for over a week .Anything east of Michigan Road is in IMPD North District and anything west of Michigan Road is in IMPD Northwest District. I am in IMPD Northwest Beat 82 The post was for a Car into a creek in the North Distrct for IMPD. Thank You.

Last edited:

aliby19

Feed Provider
Yep, but before someone reads the post/ just reads what's listed as the subject when browsing the Breaking Incidents forum, it could lead them to believe that it was an officer/patrol car involved crash (like it did for me).

It's only after actually clicking on the link, opening your post, and reading the full post itself, would someone understand that it's not actually an IMPD North District car that went into a creek.

I was just suggesting that a more descriptive location/area be used in the subject line for next time, instead of "IMPD North District" in order to prevent any possible confusion for someone that's browsing through the list of subjects. That's all.

Thanks!

bamx2

Yep, but before someone reads the post/ just reads what's listed as the subject when browsing the Breaking Incidents forum, it could lead them to believe that it was an officer/patrol car involved crash (like it did for me).

It's only after actually clicking on the link, opening your post, and reading the full post itself, would someone understand that it's not actually an IMPD North District car that went into a creek.

I was just suggesting that a more descriptive location/area be used in the subject line for next time, instead of "IMPD North District" in order to prevent any possible confusion for someone that's browsing through the list of subjects. That's all.

Thanks!

+1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

W9NES

I made it very clear in the post that is was a Car that was in a creek in the IMPD North District.The car was a Silver Honda. I did not say that is was a IMPD Police Car.As far as the location it was also very clear.***The exact location was Westlane Road and Townshipline Road which is in IMPD North District just east of 71Street and Michigan Road

Last edited:

aliby19

Feed Provider
*facepalm*

Please just take a second and actually read/understand what I am saying. Let me reiterate once more that I AM NOT arguing the fact that your POST was clear on the incident, location, etc. Again, I thank you for a clear and concise post with relevant and timely information on a breaking incident.

However, the SUBJECT LINE -- "IMPD North Distrct car in creek Sat 2-11-2012" is what IS NOT CLEAR.

The subject line of a post is equivalent to a headline of a newspaper article. It is the first thing you read that captures your attention and helps you decide whether or not to read the article. The same thing goes for subject lines of forum posts.

Think of it this way -- The Indy Star runs the following headline: "IMPD North Distrct car in creek." WITHOUT reading the rest of the article, and ONLY having read the headline, what would you assume the rest of the article is about?

Obviously, the Star would never run that headline for the reasons I have already mentioned. A quick search of the Indy Star's site reveals that they ended up running this headline: Man's body discovered inside car in Northwestside creek

So therefore, all I am suggesting is to provide a bit more context/information in the subject next time around (and if possible, that the mods please edit the OP's subject line to make it clearer).

I hope this helps to make my point/suggestion a bit more understandable.

Last edited:

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
However, the SUBJECT LINE -- "IMPD North Distrct car in creek Sat 2-11-2012" is what IS NOT CLEAR.
I agree. I read the subject line as stating that an IMPD North District squad car ended up in a creek.

A little punctuation solves the problem:

IMPD North District: car in creek Sat 2-11-2012

or

IMPD North District--car in creek Sat 2-11-2012

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
LOL! You guys did so well for two weeks.

What's the over/under on the total # replies this will end up with?

Also, what's the over/under on the number of times the book "Eats, Shoots and Leaves" will come up?

OK :) Just trying to bring some humor to you all.

(Edit: if you don't get it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eats,_Shoots_&_Leaves Or, less highbrow, am I the only one who hears this song when I see a "Indiana Breaking Story"? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRPq2PEiyM0 )

Last edited:

W9NES

My Subject line was IMPD North District:Car into creek. It said NOTHING about a IMPD Marked Car into a creek. Next time I will take care of this and make it so no one will get the wrong idea.Correction Mode is *On*.

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
Don't worry about it too much, Tim.

You do a good job alerting everyone to stories.

I know we appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.