Importing into Sentinel (or ?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I have a huge profile built in Excel that I can easily "cut and paste" into various programs for each of my scanners. I am looking at purchasing an SDS (when they become available) and would like to have a profile ready to go the day it gets here.

In looking at the SDS, I clearly need to utilize Favorites to organize the scanner like my others. Looking at Sentinel, I see I can import from an hpe file, but that's a binary file (not text based like Excel is). So I have some questions:

1) Must I manually build the favorites list in Sentinel?
2) How do I create an hpe file so I can use what I have already created in Excel?
3) Perhaps there's a better program to use for the SDS scanners other than Sentinel?

I'll note that I've installed ProScan but it gives me an exception error. I've contacted support, but nothing has happened in over a week. Also, I have more than 2 computers I'd want this loaded on (although I am only one user) and their license only covers 2 PCs.

Thanks!

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I have a huge profile built in Excel that I can easily "cut and paste" into various programs for each of my scanners. I am looking at purchasing an SDS (when they become available) and would like to have a profile ready to go the day it gets here.

In looking at the SDS, I clearly need to utilize Favorites to organize the scanner like my others. Looking at Sentinel, I see I can import from an hpe file, but that's a binary file (not text based like Excel is). So I have some questions:

1) Must I manually build the favorites list in Sentinel?
2) How do I create an hpe file so I can use what I have already created in Excel?
3) Perhaps there's a better program to use for the SDS scanners other than Sentinel?

I'll note that I've installed ProScan but it gives me an exception error. I've contacted support, but nothing has happened in over a week. Also, I have more than 2 computers I'd want this loaded on (although I am only one user) and their license only covers 2 PCs.

Thanks!

Refresh my memory. What is the exception you emailed me?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Refresh my memory. What is the exception you emailed me?

{edit}
I see your email.
I replied "Can you try this file link again. It works on my XP with Service Pack 3 test machine here however I made a change so it shouldn't happen again"
You never replied back.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I replied to every email from you. What you provided didn't work. The error is:
---> System.ArgumentException: Font 'Courier New' does not support style 'Regular'.
at System.Drawing.Font.CreateNativeFont()

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I replied to every email from you. What you provided didn't work. The error is:
---> System.ArgumentException: Font 'Courier New' does not support style 'Regular'.

I never got that one. Check your email Sent folder.

{edit} Anyways ProScan doesn't call the API "CreateNativeFont" directly. Perhaps it was called by a control or something. I'm not going to be able to debug it or send you test files.

I would check your system Fonts that the Courier Font is ok.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
So then keeping on topic,
Does ProScan provide a means to import (favorites) from clipboard and/or text file?

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I never got that one. Check your email Sent folder.
It was sent, I BCC'd myself on a separate email address, so I know it went out.
I received a response from the help desk, which assigned ticket number PSI-41989. But that was the end.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
So then keeping on topic,
Does ProScan provide a means to import (favorites) from clipboard and/or text file?

ProScan has a Get Clipboard function. It works at the Channel Level. You have to create the Favorites, Systems, Groups, Sites first.
It will not import the whole Favorite as it is. To many formats and not a common standard to do that. No software will do that.
ProScan will import from the Sentinel database and Sentinel export files.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
It was sent, I BCC'd myself on a separate email address, so I know it went out.
I received a response from the help desk, which assigned ticket number PSI-41989. But that was the end.
What help desk? We don't issue ticket numbers?

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
What help desk? We don't issue ticket numbers?
This is not the entire reply, as I am only editing the meat. If this is someone spoofing your support, then you have another issue!

Date: Tue, 05 May 2020 00:31:04 +0000
Subject: RE: re: Proscan16.1
Reply-To: Proscan Helpdesk <support@proscan.com>

Hello George!

Your ticket number is: PSI-41989

Your ticket has been received. One of our agents will reply to you shortly.

On Mon, 4th May 2020 at 8:31 pm, George wrote:

Hi Bob,

I too have XP Pro SP3.

I downloaded the latest ZIP.
The error is related to a FONT selection:

> an invocation. ---> System.ArgumentException: Font 'Courier New' does not support style 'Regular'.

Thanks,
George

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
LOL!

Forget the email, you've now received what your code reports. Please advise what it takes to correct. Thanks.

I can't fix a problem with your Windows.
Google "windows font Courier Regular not supported"

I googled it. 1st hit
Font 'Courier New' does not support style 'Regular' You may get this error if the Courier New font is not installed, or is corrupt, on your Windows O/S.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Interesting catch on the .org vs .com. Now we understand that.

I have just about every O/S here, but I use my XP machine for Scanner programming. All the other programs I use run. If that becomes a deal breaker, so be it.

Getting past this, Bob you mentioned this is running on your XP system. Is there a font I need to install/load? Thank you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.