Indianapolis, Indiana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yogi71

Premium Subscriber
Is there anyone fron Indianapolis, Indiana that owns a PSR 500 and can help me get it programed? I have windows Vista and fr some reason it weill not open the port to the Scanner. I have even sent it back to the Manufactor and they said the sacnner and cable were fine. I think it is in my Windows Vista that needs help. If no one can help does anyone want top buy this unit for less then i paid for it?

Eng74

Did you load the drivers for the USB cable? I got Vista on my new lap top this year and there was a lot of unlearning to do from XP and the other Windows that I have used over the years.

Yogi71

Premium Subscriber
Yes I have installed the newest drivers. GRE installed the newest firmware and DSP. I havew tried a new cable. I would put the info in manually but I am not sure what all the new stuff means and what is needed. I just knew about the old analog put in the channels and it orked. And the reviews said this was the easies to program!! Not sure about that

SCPD

QRT
use your premium membership to import anything & everything you need automaticallly ( well almost you ewll need appropriate software, there are te Main 3 which all offer 30 FULL trials

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
What software are you using? If you have the correct cable drivers installed, Vista 32bit works fine with the PSR500. I am using WIN500 and it works fine on two different Vista machines. It definitely will not work without the correct drivers. The WIN500 software has an application included which will locate the com port that your cable is connected to.

If you haven't already done so, I suggest you look at this forum and perhaps do a search for similar problems to yours.
http://forums.radioreference.com/scanner-programming-software/

Dave

Last edited:

Yogi71

Premium Subscriber
I have the ARC 500, PSR Edit 500, and tried the PSR Demo. It is not the software. All of them say 'unable to open port com 3' which is where Device Manager says the cable is connected. the sftware does log in to RR. and cats as if the scanner is connected to the computer, but there is no connection. Not sure if there is some kind of setting that I need to make in Vista the get the connection. It has connected 2 time for just a few minutes, but then disconnects from the port. The drivers are from FTDI, and created 2/6/09. Have upgraded both the port and seiral converter Drivers. Just need to get Vista to see the port. GRE says the radio and cable are good..

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
Is your Vista Operating system 32-bit or 64-bit? Check this under Control Panel > System and Maintenance > System

ARC500 works ok for me on my Vista 32-bit system when using "usb/com3" when "upload to scanner" is selected

Is the "usb/com3" option available when you use ARC500 or is it greyed out? In other words does the ARC500 software recognize that the scanner is or is not connected to "usb/com3"?

Dave

Yogi71

Premium Subscriber
Thank you all for you help so far. I think tat I have fixed the connection problem. I uninstalled an app that was causeing the problem, I hope. I did need it up until yesderday. so I hope that is what was not letting me connect.

BUT
I have download and lot of data from RR to the computer and to te scanner. It seems to be scanning but I am not getting any hits on any of the channels.
Any advice for this???
Sure did like the okd days when all you had to do was put in channels.

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
Thank you all for you help so far. I think tat I have fixed the connection problem. I uninstalled an app that was causeing the problem, I hope. I did need it up until yesderday. so I hope that is what was not letting me connect.

BUT
I have download and lot of data from RR to the computer and to te scanner. It seems to be scanning but I am not getting any hits on any of the channels.
Any advice for this???
Sure did like the okd days when all you had to do was put in channels.
Since I'm not familiar with the systems you are trying to monitor, I can't provide much help for your question. You would probably get a more specific response if you asked your question in the Indiana state forum. Be sure to include which systems/frequencies you're trying to monitor when you ask your question.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.