Indy 500

Status
Not open for further replies.

wb2fve

Does anyone know where to source the race frequencies and tones before the race? I used to subscribe to "Frequency Fan a Club," but they have shut down. Google search does not turn up any 2014 information.

a1emt

Premium Subscriber
Indycar "Spotter Guides"

The Indycar.com website generally posts a "Spotters Guide" on the schedule page before each race. The spotters guide includes the primary frequency for each car. There are certainly a huge number of "discreet" frequencies and modes in use at each race weekend, but in order to allow the fans to listen in, the teams have to use the posted frequencies in analog mode on raceday :cool:

Here is the one from Long Beach. I would venture to say that the race day frequencies are pretty consistent throughout the season.

longbeach-spotter_zps11209f90.jpg

I think 1 or 2 teams went to backup freqs at Long beach due to local users or some of the freqs the LBGP groups were using. The guy from racing electronics I talked to had to let the team know Saturday evening so the team could notify IRL officials, he said they have to declare their choice before race day.

TrackScan will be at the track selling lists, it's the only IRL race they cover now.

Status
Not open for further replies.