Interesting radio traffic overheard in South Rogers Co.

WG5Z

I have started hearing some amusing radio traffic the last couple days on 154.77 which in the database shows as Rogers Co. SO A. RCSO has been using BACRIN encrypted radios for a few years now. This must be an old freq. they used prior to the switch. What I have heard sounds like car to car traffic. I am assuming they must still have the old vhf radios installed in their vehicles. They must have also figured out that dispatch is not monitoring this freq. any longer or that they are out of range of the base station because one of the more interesting topics I overheard was one officer telling the other how many margaritas (5) they had consumed the night before and wishing they had stopped at 2. Knowing the Sheriff as I do, he would be less than amused at this as he is a zealot over anyone not using encrypted radios due to a clear channel incident a year or so ago that cause quite a dust up.

xerb1962

Premium Subscriber
Ah yes, just like back in the "olden" days. Inversion encryption home brew kit, Pro-2006 with a clipped diode. Air phones in the open at 454 Mhz. A 60 ft tower in my yard...

I could write a book, seriously... a good thing the statute of limitations is up.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
After TCSO went to OKWIN, their old freq 155.070 (IIRC) was used for car to car chatter as the Dispatch wasn't monitoring it anymore. Probably what is going on in RCSO.

KOK5CY

Apparently the county purchased 6 white Ford explorer's and maybe a half dozen mud color or solid black SUV's probably Ford explorer's. The dark color SUVs don't have any lights or antennas on top yet or graphics or front grill guards .