Intermediate Frequency Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tryton

This is the one feature I just don't understand, can someone give me an example of why one would use it as well as how? Thanks!!:confused:

scanningisfun

From text:

Intermediate Frequency Exchange changes the IF used for a selected scanner frequency to help avoid image and other mixer-product interference on that frequency.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I have tried this on several frequencies with intermod problems and it has not worked once for me

As stated above,

Intermediate Frequency Exchange - changes the IF used for a selected frequency to help avoid "image and other mixer-product" interference on a frequency.

Changing the IF only effects the image and mixer-product issues, which come from inside the radio. It has no effect on outside interference issues. This would require some type of filter or antenna change.

W2PMX

This would require some type of filter or antenna change.
And that wouldn't work for intermod, since intermod is almost always a legitimate (to the scanner) on-frequency signal. It's probably the most difficult problem in the industry. (And it takes the people running the systems [it's usually caused by 2 or more signals] causing it to eliminate it - there's nothing you can do as a hobbyist to fix the problem.)

Status
Not open for further replies.