Internal Compiler Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

scancomms

Using Freescan 2.18-beta6 and Windows 10. Deleted and installed latest version of Freescan. Enabled JIT Debugging per Freescan recomendation. I am able to connect to my scanner (BCD396XT) and control, download freq's to Freesacn, ect. Can manually set up system for upload to scanner. The Problem: When I click File, Import, then Radio Reference Conventional or Trunked I get an error box with:
error CS0586: Internal Compiler Error: stage 'IMPORT'
error CS0587: Internal Compiler Error: stage 'IMPORT'
error CS0587: Internal Compiler Error: stage 'PARSE'
error CS0587: Internal Compiler Error: stage 'BEGIN'
Unhandled exception has occurred in your application.

Any help would be appreciated.
Steve

a417

U+0000
Glad you got it sorted, I felt bad with your first 2 posts in your 16 years on here being unanswered. Welcome!

scancomms

Glad you got it sorted, I felt bad with your first 2 posts in your 16 years on here being unanswered. Welcome!
Thank you for the reply and the welcome. I have found the problem but not the solution. I think I shall have to buy a new computer.
Steve

a417

U+0000
Thank you for the reply and the welcome. I have found the problem but not the solution. I think I shall have to buy a new computer.
Steve
What's the issue that requires hardware replacement?

scancomms

I live in a built up area and need the import option of FreeSCAN for programming. Just too many freq's to do by hand. My first post in this thread spells it out. FreeSCAN is not linking to Radio Reference. I get an error as described after clicking on Radio Reference Conventional or Trunked. The last time used did this was Sept 2015 and all worked fine. I never finished setting it up because my other half kind of claimed my radio. I recently saw it on the end table in the living room and decided to finally set it up. The first call we ever heard was someone had jumped off a local bridge and the 2 police dept's on opposite sides of the bridge were argueing over who was going to take it as the car was in the middle. 2 different counties. Neither one wanted it. Waiting for boats, divers ect. It would have been funny to hear if no one had died. But it wasn't a movie. That call was why she took it. But I get the errors above in the first post when I try to click File- IMPORT- Radio Reference.

a417

U+0000
Ah, I understand. I was hoping you weren't going to "throw baby out with the bathwater" because of a software issue (Internal Compiler Issues) made you replace hardware (new computer).

Those territory battles happen all the time, especially on county lines.

scancomms

I tried a lot of things to fix. Read many web pages and followed instructions. If there is a fix it is beyond me. I have tried to reset it back to day one but it says it can't. perhaps I will try to wipe it later and if that works I will order a Windows 10 package and re-install Windows. Other than that I am at a loss.

a417

U+0000
If you have windows 10 already on it, you can just reinstall...no need to order anything.

and judging from what I know of C#, it sounds like the install of Freescan was corrupted (failing HD, filesystem error...cosmic ray (like the voyager flipped bit) and that is the reason you're getting compiler issues. If you have no issues with reinstalling windows 10 you can do that, but I think that completely removing Freescan & the related C# stuff...and then putting it back you might be lucky.

Last edited:

scancomms

I tried to delete and re-install windows10 but it said it couldn't, no changed were made. So what I meant to say was the other option is to delete and install from a disk or other device, which I don't have. That is why I would have to order it, if it lets me delete it.

scancomms

I first used freescan on this comp in 2015. When I tried recently it wouldn't work so I deleted and re-installed freescan thinking I needed a newer version but still got the same errors, I don't think it is freescan.

a417

U+0000
Yeah, ordering installation media of something you already own is no longer necessary.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.