• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Intra-WACN roaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

N_Jay

OK found one thats not BEEOO tht is the City of Oakland, CA P-25 that they are implementing.. It has the WACN of 92556 , but this is about the only differrring one I have found yet that is non fed.

Interesting.

At first I thought they used there Zip Code, but that is not it.

Wonder how they picked it?

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
LOL no clue but only two in the entire DB I have found that have WACN's different than BEEOO are that and one in CT. There are a few no one has run Pro96Com or the like on yet that I would love to look at. But those two are the only ones thus far I have found in the US.. I could look at Canada too and see, they have an Harris P-25 comming together there as I understand it.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
On the Canadian Harris P-25 for Saskat.. Its WACN is I believe OOOOA..???

Another interesting fact about the Federal 380 MHz P-25 systems.. We found this by accident.. Each frequency also has an NAC for conventional usage allowing the radios to use each repeater in trunked or talkaround. This may be true also for the Non Fed P-25 systems but I don't have the ability to do NAC's yet to confirm this. I don't like to assume as it leads to bad conclusions, but it would be an beneficial aspect if so.

Last edited by a moderator:

SCPD

QRT
Here in Omaha the NAC is 140 for the repeaters.
RWC in AZ WAC is BEE08.
Dothan AL BEE09
Lakewood, CO 924B3
ARMER in MN BEE07
So there are some non-fed systems that have changeed the WAC.
Is BEE00 Motorola's default?

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
OK found one thats not BEEOO tht is the City of Oakland, CA P-25 that they are implementing.. It has the WACN of 92556 , but this is about the only differrring one I have found yet that is non fed.
FWIW, the infrastructure is not Motorola. I believe it's Harris. There was a news report about Oakland (City) selecting them (M/ACom actually) some time ago.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
OK so Motorola default for ASTRO-25 is BEEOO. And Harris P-25 is an mixed bag, with a few Motorola's having other. The magority still have same WACN, and for those that do not, there is ISSI . Using both you have very nice set up for interop accross the board on P-25 TRS's. Which is the whole idea to begin with. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.