INVERTED CDCSS (DPL) CONVERSION CHART

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voyager

CARMA has a listing of these (with the codes Motorola doesn't include in their mobiles and portables) at

http://www.carmachicago.com/profiles/DPLCODES.pdf

This was produced a few years ago due to a similar query.

Enjoy!

The original list includes the codes that were not on the original standard as well, although they are not marked such as on your list.

BTW, early (80s) Motorola radios did not use them, but they have since been added to the radios made in the last 15 or so years. I used to use code 053 when we were a GE shop to keep "prying Motorola ears" away, but then we switched sides. Oh well, such was the 'great plan'...

Joe M.

N9JIG

Sheriff
The original list includes the codes that were not on the original standard as well, although they are not marked such as on your list.

BTW, early (80s) Motorola radios did not use them, but they have since been added to the radios made in the last 15 or so years. I used to use code 053 when we were a GE shop to keep "prying Motorola ears" away, but then we switched sides. Oh well, such was the 'great plan'...

Joe M.

We had an issue when our PW department put up 4 UHF repeaters, the radio shop they used supplied Moto MTR2000 repeaters but Kenwood TK portables. They chose DPL's for each of the channels, but two of them were not DPL codes included in our fleet of HT1250/750 portables and CDM1250 mobiles. We had to reprogram 2 repeaters as well as a fleet of 100 portables. (Thankfully the TK series portables are so darn easy to program, I did the entire fleet in a couple hours!)

The DPL codes on the list I linked are included in Moto Quantar and MTR2000 repeaters and stations but not our subscriber fleet.

N9JIG

Sheriff
Talk about coincidence! I just checked this thread, and I see your reply from yesterday. Anyway...

You have the code of 412, which is the same as code 711 (just shifted in bits). Thus, the inversion is 143.

There are many codes which are the same, only shifted in time. That's why there are only 104 standard codes, and not 888. To demonstrate this, a code of 0010 and 0100 would be the same if they were sent continuously. CDCSS codes are much longer than that, but it's the same concept.

Joe M.

This manifests itself in using outboard decoders, such as the CSI DC-1 that I adore. Depending on your radio and the variation to the discriminator connections you may receive the inverted code or straight code. I have also noticed that some of my set-ups would show the inverted DPL on VHF while showing the straight code on UHF or 800. That is why I consider all DPL codes from these decoders suspect with regards to polarity until confirmed. It isn't a big deal for scannists, when these are mostly used to identify a particular user, but it makes a difference when programming two-ways.

sadams

I have found that our service monitor, an Aeroflex/IFR COM120B, will display the compliment of an inverted code automatically, thus I found the compliment of the inverted, non-standard code 711 is 306. I programmed a radio with DCS code 306 and the radio with inverted DCS 711 hears it just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.