IRL CTCSS/DCS Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in the late 80s Penske had us install scramblers in their radios. Marlboro received over 400 complaints from fans, so they were told to stop scrambling after a few races.

ScottL

Premium Subscriber
This list you can get from Racing Electronics has the PL codes on them. Their trailers will be there somewhere.

Scott

K9GTJ

On RR last year I posted my scanner config for a BR330T and it had tones. They were published in the Indianapolis Star. You can doenload it and open it up in Notepad to read them. I am unsure if they are any good this year.

AGR does not encrypt the driver oddly enough and yesterday (Qual Day 1) Danica and her crew chief were on 463.2125 most of the day in the clear.

jaytcsd

IRL rules prevent scrambling on race day, they did allow that option in practice.

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Any idea who does the flyover this year?

Last year it was F22 Raptors - never caught the frequency though...

W9NES

118.675 is Speedway tower.I heard the military flyover on 317.800 (am mode) Last year in 2007.I live in the area of 79Th and Michigan Road and they fly right over my house and I hear them taking to each other on my scanner.Hope this helps,Best Requards,Tim DeLong W9NES Indianapolis

Viper43

Sarah Fisher is 463.4625 no tones used.

There are many that do need tones at the track though, it's not just vendors who interefere but also many businesses around Marion county that cause problems. AnywayI didn't have a chance to work on the tones this month due to a lack of track time.

KC9NEG

FYI: The frequencies posted in the Spotters Guide on the IRL site differ in 5 or 6 places from the list sold at the track (updated 5/22). I'm going to see if that list is still current, but three or four of the changes represent a swap of primary/secondary freq's. A couple cars changed completely. I can't post the differences, as the list sold for $5 on-site is copyrighted.

Todd/Indy

tbhausen said:
I can't post the differences, as the list sold for $5 on-site is copyrighted.

Todd/Indy

I had dinner last night with the owner of TrackScan, he would be happy to know that you are doing your part to help his copyrighted info safe. Glen started his company 15 years ago working from the back of his Ford van, now he has a fleet of 53' trucks. He still sits in the stands and monitors every freq during practice sessions to verify his customers get the best info available.

KC9NEG

I've been buying their list at race tracks probably most of their existence as a company. Track Scan always seems to have its stuff together.

Todd/Indy

kg9qm

KD4YGG said:
Any idea who does the flyover this year?

Last year it was F22 Raptors - never caught the frequency though...

This year, the published schedule is for 2 F-18's and 2 F-16's. But today there were 6 aircraft, too distant for me to ID, that looped the downtown about 4 times. The flight team was supposed to practice their approach for the race today, so perhaps they've added 2 more to the flyover. Two 18's, two 16's AND two 22's would be very cool. But maybe there was one alternate each for the 18 and 16 crews.

Nothing will ever top the B-2 making a complete 'lap' over the track a few years ago. That was just too awesome for words. Before that, the first time a B-2 came here - it was a very overcast day, and this giant 'bat' suddenly dropped out of the low-hanging clouds right over the north 'chute. People were just staring, silent and in complete awe. It was like in the movies when a UFO appears.

Having an Osprey touch down in Turn 1 was right up there, though. But I was at the north end so I didn't get much of a look at it.

I do miss the F-4's, from when they were the ones doing the flyover. They used to come down much lower and their engines were just so much louder than modern ones. They really rocked the place.

118.675 is where I listen. They usually seem to talk it up beginning around 3 minutes out, giving instructions on timing their pass correctly with the National Anthem.

K9GTJ

Everyone have fun tomorrow. I will be on the inside of turn 3 with the other photographers wearing my usual orange shirt. (Look for me!)

I am rooting for John Andretti to win! Sarah Fisher would be great too.

Status
Not open for further replies.