BCD325P2/BCD996P2: Is there a Serial Command to power cycle the scanner. Pre 1.15 firmware.

chazthespaz

Hi all,

MSM with a timeout would work great but I have 3 BCD996P2's, 1 BCT15X and 1 BCD325P2 and all have firmware prior to 1.15. I've written my own software in Python in Linux to control the scanners (send and receive raw data via pyserial). I can send raw serial commands to the scanner no problem. All works great but the documentation is so convoluted I can't find a command to simply force the scanner to reboot. I read in another post that MSM with a timeout would work but only with newer firmware (1.15 or better). Mine are all 1.08 and 1.07. Are there newer firmware versions available for these scanners? Where to find, lol? Better yet, is there a simple serial command that would just reboot the scanner?

Thanks in advance.
Chaz

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I think you're confusing some models here. The latest firmware for the BCD996P2 is 1.10.02, nothing like "1.15"

The bigger point is that the MSM command only works with scanners that have a microSD card and can be put into Mass Storage Mode (which is what MSM stands for), such as the x36HP and SDS series.

chazthespaz

I think you're confusing some models here. The latest firmware for the BCD996P2 is 1.10.02, nothing like "1.15"

The bigger point is that the MSM command only works with scanners that have a microSD card and can be put into Mass Storage Mode (which is what MSM stands for), such as the x36HP and SDS series.
Ya I was just shortening the firmware versions for convenience. Sorry. Thx for the explanation of MSM. So definitely no MSM for the older models. Question remains.... Any serial command to reboot/restart the BCD models without MSM (sd cards)? Thank you! Chaz.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Ya I was just shortening the firmware versions for convenience. Sorry. Thx for the explanation of MSM. So definitely no MSM for the older models. Question remains.... Any serial command to reboot/restart the BCD models without MSM (sd cards)? Thank you! Chaz.
Try... POF

chazthespaz

Damn, POF not working on either BCD996P2 or BCD325P2. It just returns b'ERR\r' when i send POF[\r] or POF,[\r]. Yet if i issue a KEY,1,P[\r] command or MNU,[\r] command, works fine. Getting closer. Thanks! Chaz

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Damn, POF not working on either BCD996P2 or BCD325P2. It just returns b'ERR\r' when i send POF[\r] or POF,[\r]. Yet if i issue a KEY,1,P[\r] command or MNU,[\r] command, works fine. Getting closer. Thanks! Chaz
It appears to not work on any SD card based scanner as I tried it on my SDS200, 436 and 536. But it does work on my 15, so I'd expect it to work on your 996P2 and 325P2.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
It appears to not work on any SD card based scanner as I tried it on my SDS200, 436 and 536. But it does work on my 15, so I'd expect it to work on your 996P2 and 325P2.

Doesn't seem to work on a 996P2. When sending the POF command through Proscan, the scanner returns "POF, OK" just as it does with the 996T, but it has no effect at all on the 996P2.

chazthespaz

any options for power cycling the scanner upon computer boot/reboot? ububtu linux. Thanks all for the help?

Chaz