Isle of Wight Applies for 800 MHz P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
Haha

And Terry Hall would be the first on my lawsuit if something ever happen to family that is LE. He is a joke, yes it is but its dumb. Run sensitive stuff over the computer. State police do everything by MDT. They even mark on a traffic stop with them. I have seen it

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
A couple of the northern end FD's were so distraught, and put up such a fuss at the last meeting about not being able to hear LE, that the Sheriff's office caved in and will have the Chiefs and Captains radios of those two departments programmed with the encryption key so they can monitor LE. Bunch of crybabies.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

Lemme guess, Carrollton and Rushmere or Smithfield?

clbsquared

I agree with you. He's only in it to fatten his hip pocket. He even went so far as to tell Surry that P25 isn't available on VHF or UHF.
And Terry Hall would be the first on my lawsuit if something ever happen to family that is LE. He is a joke, yes it is but its dumb. Run sensitive stuff over the computer. State police do everything by MDT. They even mark on a traffic stop with them. I have seen it

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
Terry

He is a joke and one day get hit with a lawsuit and woe really told Surry that?

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
Smithfield and Carrollton.

I don't really understand why just the chiefs and captains get the key. Why not give all the Fire Department the encryption key or is that just too complicated for Ole Hall boy

clbsquared

I don't really understand why just the chiefs and captains get the key. Why not give all the Fire Department the encryption key or is that just too complicated for Ole Hall boy
Because he believes all LE should be locked down and no one should be able to hear what goes on. He's a firm believer in "If there's something the public needs to know, we will tell you what WE want you to know". He's a double dipping, conflict of interest, paranoid, bald headed little pygmy that thinks he should control all of the communications systems east of the Blue Ridge Mountains. I'd like to see his tax returns. I guarantee you there are some hefty 1099's from MSI in there.

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
Terry Hall

Clb I agree with you. I want his *** gone. There is no need to ENC law enforcement. If it's that serious call or use MDT. Hell even some PD use Zello.

Jim41

Who is Terry Hall?

For those of us not familiar with the area, please explain who Terry Hall is and how he influences local radio systems.

Jim41

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
He’s a system administrator on the JCC-York system, as well on IOW. As you know, all of the law enforcement channels on the JCC- York are Encrypted because of him. He made it that way. He’s doing the same thing with this system.

clbsquared

For those of us not familiar with the area, please explain who Terry Hall is and how he influences local radio systems.

Jim41
Terry Hall, is chief of emergency communications for York-Poquoson- Williamsburg Emergency Communications Center.* He also joined APCO over 20 years ago as a commercial Motorola vendor. He is a self proclaimed and self appointed "director" of a regional communications system he's hell bent on creating for the entire Hampton Roads and adjoining areas. He skirts the Virginia Procurement Act by piggy backing new systems onto the contracts of other localities so they stay with Motorola and ( likely) fatten his hip pocket in commissions. So far, New Kent is the only locality to see through his BS and build their own system and save millions of $$$'s. There's alot more to his history but I think you get the idea.

clbsquared

He is also in the habit of spreading false information of the capabilities of these systems. Going so far as to say that P25 isn't available on VHF or UHF. One other thing worth mentioning, he recently told the county that it was impossible for the school system to have an emergency button on their radios to alert LE in the event of an emergency. They're on the same system!!! Use the man down button!!!

clbsquared

Looks like more delays. Switch over has been pushed back to early 2019. Apparently Suffolk is due for a $2 million update and that update is throwing everything for Isle of Wight out of whack.

It amazes me that as bad as Isle of Wight needed to upgrade their system they're having to deal with and putting up with delay after delay because of one man's ego. For $3.2 million they could have had a conventional VHF P25 system in place and operational 3 years ago. SMH

HankFrank

Looks like more delays. Switch over has been pushed back to early 2019. Apparently Suffolk is due for a $2 million update and that update is throwing everything for Isle of Wight out of whack.

It amazes me that as bad as Isle of Wight needed to upgrade their system they're having to deal with and putting up with delay after delay because of one man's ego. For $3.2 million they could have had a conventional VHF P25 system in place and operational 3 years ago. SMH

What are they updating in Suffolk?

clbsquared

Just to give an update. Testing should begin in a couple of weeks. Suffolk is done with the Microwave update. As for now, Fire and Rescue is utilizing ORION OPS 1. Too many failures in the legacy system the past couple of weeks. They can't seem to isolate the problem. It appears to be one of the voting sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.