ISP combined dispatch, different unit numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

kadetklapp

Lately ISP 14, 16, and 13 dispatches have been combined, intermittently. Also this morning I hear several road troopers using new unit numbers with "95" and "98" at the beginning. What gives? They all sound VERY confused.

usswood

Lately ISP 14, 16, and 13 dispatches have been combined, intermittently. Also this morning I hear several road troopers using new unit numbers with "95" and "98" at the beginning. What gives? They all sound VERY confused.

There has been a Major reassignment of all Motor Carrier Units with a lot of these value people losing there jobs because of STATE CUT BACKS because of the Budget.

all the 95 units (motor Carriers) all have new numbers and I would bet there is a new District Map for Motor Carrier now showing who is where now

With so many unsafe Trucks out on our roads and drivers not following the rules, this in-fact has made the STATE Highway SYSTEM 10 times more dangerous NOW...

good luck on the roads this year Hoosier Motorists!!!

I have never understood firing regular workers to take away from production instead of rolling a few TOP HEADS to solve the money GAP!!!

jessmu

Premium Subscriber

I have a friend who is an ISP trooper, and from what I understand, they are combining dispatch for all of the districts eventually. Peru and Redkey share dispatch on nights and weekends already.

W9NES

Lafayette Post Dist 14 is also dispatching for Dist 16 Peru and Dist 13 Lowell Post, Dist 52 Indianapolis is now dispatching for Dist 51 and Dist 53.

usswood

State Cuts 42 Jobs From Motor Carrier Division

INDIANAPOLIS -- The state has eliminated 42 inspectors from the Indiana State Police Motor Carrier Division, half the division's workforce.

The division is responsible for inspecting large trucks and school buses. The cost-cutting move was made because of the state's financial trouble, 6News' Rick Hightower reported.

"Every agency is having to take steps to shore up their budgets," said Indiana State Police 1st Sgt. Dave Bursten. "We're going to do everything in our power to reassign state police personnel to fill in where those positions have been reduced."

Forty-one motor carrier inspectors kept their jobs. The last day of work for those who were let go is Dec. 31.
continued below:
State Cuts 42 Jobs From Motor Carrier Division - Indiana News Story - WRTV Indianapolis

dfoutch

Premium Subscriber
Regional Dispatch

I've noticed that every thing from Peru to Redkey comes through on one radio ID. {46067} Don't know what you see on 16 Dsp.

Status
Not open for further replies.