Jeff Davis Parish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

laman

I have been using a scanner since the 80's. My local pd and sheriff office have set up new radios. I heard they are using a 700 system. Is there a system to follow them and how hard is it to setup? The Police dept I monitor is Welsh, Jennings, and Jeff Davis Parish Sheriff office. Any help would be appreciated...

teufler

Appears Calcasieu Parsh has gone to the 700 frequencies. nothing exotic a 396xt, these are portable units , will work fine. New you go to a 436, and more money. Th 396xt can be found for less than $300 aND SHOULD HOLD ITS VALUE FOR AWHILE. The 436 has an option that to program, you can enter your zip code and the radio programs itself. Nice feature if you drive the roads, but the 396xt can do about the same though you will need a computer to download to the radio. The new scanners, 396xt and 436, plus their are some RadioShack /GRE scanners program much differently than what you were used to in 1980. Gone are the days of something in channel such and such. I will bet that when you first get a radio that covers 700, you will want to throw it out because its so confusing but there are scanning members here will help you over the hump.

laman

I have been looking at new scanners man they are different than I have. I see they are more complicated to setup.

shew

i got 5 of the new brands....for various reasons.....the radio shack pro-106 by hand...but I cloned it to my other 106 and 197.....my 2hp 1 I used the sentinel software..and my bcd396.i just programmed the local assumption lwin tower and went off of that...

Status
Not open for further replies.