JPSO Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

skhjr

Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Does anyone know the frequency for the JPSO police department or does anyone know how to scanner them??
 

projectnola

Member
Joined
May 27, 2009
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
I've been successfully listening to JPSO dispatch channels for several months. However, at some time last week, I began to experience difficulties receiving stable audio. I've double checked issue using a second scanner, and have reloaded the RR P25 data...and have yielded the same results. Looking at RR, it appears that the P25 system has been experiencing changes lately.

Could the issue be caused by the control channel changing? Whereas I use to get perfect audio, I now get many cut-outs... although I'm getting a perfect 5-bar reception on my scanners.

BTW - As of tonight, I am beginning to experience similar issues with Kenner PD.

Any suggestions, comments, or questions?
 

gpswx4cster

Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
157
Reaction score
0
Location
Saint Francisville, LA
Are you monitoring the individual towers or the simulcast system? I have had no problems monitoring JPSO all month and I only monitor the simulcast system. Let me know if you need more help.

Gary Shuford
 

projectnola

Member
Joined
May 27, 2009
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Thanks Gary for replying. I am using a GRE500 with included antenna, tuned to JPSO dispatch channels using the Simulcast North Tower. It worked great for 2 months, then I started getting really bad cut-outs on transmissions. Once the trouble began, I re-programmed the scanner to receive JPSO off of any and all towers in the area, including MSY and simulcast North. After receiving your post, I set it back to only Simulcast North.

This is regarding the JPSO scanner feeding the live audio feed on ProjectNOLA.com. The direct link is LIVE JPSO online police scanner . ProjectNOLA is a free, community-based crime awareness program, and is recognized by JPSO. If you do not mind, please try listening for a bit. At times... it's perfect. But give it a few seconds, and you will hear bad drop outs and digital noise.

The scanner is located in the Elmwood business park. Please feel free to call me. My office line is 736-9187 x104. (to any admin... I do not mind my office phone number being posted).

- Bryan
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top