Just bought my first scanner Pro-164 HELP.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

uptownballaj

I am having a little bit of trouble programing my scanner. I have read the instructions a few times now but there is nothing mentioning the software.I am trying to program using the software. Basically I am in need of someone to program it for me. I am in the Temecula area and I just want it set up fairly nice with frequencies from riverside to san diego. If someone can help me please name your price. I really want to learn how to do it but as of now I have no time.

Sorry if this thread is in the wrong spot.

Jusitn

n6ciz

Premium Subscriber
Justin,

I can't help you with programming as I am not familiar with that particular scanner, but hang in there. There is help out there. I don't know what software you are trying to use but that's where you need to read the help screens and menus. Have you checked out this page regarding software:

PSR-300/400 Software and USB Support - The RadioReference Wiki

or this one for your scanner:

Pro-164 - The RadioReference Wiki

I noticed links to Yahoo groups on both pages that may be able to help you understand how to program your scanner. If your software can download from Radio Reference, it should make your programming life easier.

Good luck.

Rich

uptownballaj

Thanks for the links.

I was able to upload frequencies through this site from PSREdit300 pretty easily. Now Im just having trouble finding Temecula Police and Escondido Police frequencies. I looked at a few websites with no luck. I ordered Southern California Frequency Directory in hopes that it will help out. Hopefully I didnt waste my money.

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
Temecula PD is actually contracted Riverside SO, they are on the South EDACS system.

I haven't lived there in a long time, but my guess is Escondido would be on the San Diego RCS (and maybe P25), a search of the RR database could confirm that.

Try Brandon's excellent site, scanriverside.com for other tidbits in your area.

Happy scanning!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.