Just ordered a 436HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorman105

Premium Subscriber
My 436HP is on order. I have a 536HP and I have Sentinel on my computer. When my 436HP arrives, can I just plug it in to Sentinel on my computer and load the favorite lists I've created for my 536 into my 436?
That sounds too easy.......

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Yep, that's the way.

It's pretty much on the order to the 396XT and 996XT you have. The same program file(s) work for each scanner.

You might find the link below to be of interest on what to do when you first get your scanner:

BCD436HP < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
My 436HP is on order. I have a 536HP and I have Sentinel on my computer. When my 436HP arrives, can I just plug it in to Sentinel on my computer and load the favorite lists I've created for my 536 into my 436?
That sounds too easy.......
It is that easy.

I have both and use the same Favorites lists for both the 436 & 536.

To take that a step further, I jump started the programming for these by exporting the Favorites lists I had created for my HP-1, then edited them in the x36 version of Sentinel to tale advantage of features not present for the Home Patrol, such as the quick keys and the alert colors.

You could, if you so desired, set up two different profiles, one for each scanner, to download a different "set" of Favorites lists, depending on which scanner, or to set which lists were set to "Monitor", and which were not, or whether 'location' was in use.But the Favorites lists themselves are interchangeable between the 436 & 536.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
1) I agree and 2) I agree. 1) Have both the 436HP and two 536HPs. Using the same favorite lists, same profiles, or being able to switch profiles, is easy and convenient. 2) The 996XT is still a great scanner, and some features like record out and control channel output are not on the new Unidens. Also makes for some interesting comparisons between 396XT vs 436HP and 996XT vs 536HP.

Steve AA6IO

Status
Not open for further replies.