• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Just ordered for an G5 pager, Is there anything that I need to know? I'm a Newbie

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
How do you know what model # to select in PPS if you want to start programming before your pager has shipped:

View attachment 139962
Click the three circles button on the unit scroll down to information and scroll down again to model number. If you haven't received the unit contact whoever you bought it from and ask them. Other option is select one close to the configuration you ordered and convert it to the correct model after you receive it.

Response edited thanks to @belvdr bringing me up to speed

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Also, how do you enter your P25 control channels separately into each site on a system? The software only seems to have one control channel list per system, even if you have more than 1 site.
When importing you select the sites you want for the system, however if you only want one site rather than multiples you select one site, then import the site again with the second site and so on.

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
G5 400-470 with DMR.
As long as you use something close, you can copy the profile to a new one with correct model number when your pager arrives (and not lose anything).

I'd use G5B67BF-SXUCEN1401UNI to get started and then check model when your unit arrives. The important parts are shown in red.
The 5 means a G5. The 67 indicates DMR. And UCEN is UHF-C.

CanesFan95

When importing you select the sites you want for the system, however if you only want one site rather than multiples you select one site, then import the site again with the second site and so on.
I'm manually entering the frequencies, rather than importing for RadioReference. It just seems odd that if you create multiple sites, there's still only 1 control channel list. I thought each site is supposed to have it's own separate set of frequencies.

bob550

Premium Subscriber
I'm manually entering the frequencies, rather than importing for RadioReference.
Oh boy! You're in for an unpleasant experience. Premium membership and using the RR import feature will make your life much easier. Early in my G5 experience, the RR import feature wasn't yet born. I can tell you that the ability to import made life with the G5 much nicer!

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I'm manually entering the frequencies, rather than importing for RadioReference. It just seems odd that if you create multiple sites, there's still only 1 control channel list. I thought each site is supposed to have it's own separate set of frequencies.
Not sure where we aren't on the same page, but each site (if entered individually) will have only the control channels for that site.

Screenshot 2023-04-12 12.08.38.pngScreenshot 2023-04-12 12.08.54.pngScreenshot 2023-04-12 12.09.03.png

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Hi there, I was wondering what the 7 digits meant when you are listening to your pager?
You really need to give us more than that, as in what 7 digits, where?

If you are talking about the line of digits under the talkgroups those are the radio ID (RID) number identifying which radio is talking. In the dispatch console that would identify the user.