• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Kenwood NX-5000 Version 2.xx Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RK3AAG

How many channels in a scan list on the mobiles? I've been thinking of switching from XPR series to Kenwood. I hate the 16 channel limit.
Depends on scan type you use. You can use Scan List and scan list size will be limited to 31 member. You can use Zone Scan instead and scan everyhing in selected zones. Hundreds os members is not a problem, but scan cycle will take 20-40 seconds os something.

FARMER522

Ok I have a question. I have a NX5800 K2 radio. On the top line of the display I have the sub display set to zone number and beside that the zone name. Question is when receiving a caller id my zone name goes away and caller id pops up then below that the id shows. Is there a way to take the "caller id" away and make it still show the id below but leave my zone name in place? I know I can turn caller id off but I want it to show the id just not take the zone name away. Hopefully you understand what I'm trying to say. Thanks

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Ok I have a question. I have a NX5800 K2 radio. On the top line of the display I have the sub display set to zone number and beside that the zone name. Question is when receiving a caller id my zone name goes away and caller id pops up then below that the id shows. Is there a way to take the "caller id" away and make it still show the id below but leave my zone name in place? I know I can turn caller id off but I want it to show the id just not take the zone name away. Hopefully you understand what I'm trying to say. Thanks
I researched it and the answer is no, not at this time. I will keep poking around.

kd4efm Evans, sent using TapTALK on my HTC M9

CanesFan95

Is this radio available as a VHF / UHF dual-band, or is it single band only? And when you're scanning, is there a scan delay time you can set to hold on the frequency or talk group for a few seconds before it resumes scanning?

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Is this radio available as a VHF / UHF dual-band, or is it single band only? And when you're scanning, is there a scan delay time you can set to hold on the frequency or talk group for a few seconds before it resumes scanning?
1ca1265dac488a62422c3c2c46584640.jpg

I can scan all 3 mobile radios with external speakers, so yes. Not on the portables however.

Colton25

Any word on being able to scan within the command group?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colton25

Ok it would also be nice to see the command group in the software like in the 89d software and be able to name the command group.

Not at this time.

Colton25

I recently noticed while using a BK commander that the backlight comes on while receiving. Is it possible to see this feature in the future? To add to the feature maybe a way to turn it off in the field if you need to save battery? Would anyone else like to see this feature?

Colton25

Anyone know what the changes are with the 2.10 firmware update? I just received it from my dealer but i'm not sure how long it has been available.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Been out since January, addressed some BT issues.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

otobmark

Premium Subscriber
Not sure if it was brought up before, but one thing that did throw me for a loop was the Selcall on PTT... when you select group call with a list that has more than one group IDs, it looks like it defaults to the first group in the list and ignores the rest?

Now I'm confused. I create a DMR personality and under the DMR section of this personality I have selcall on PTT set to group call, then ID list number is (position on list) 1 which is where the single ID I want is located on the master LIST selected under personal features). My intention is that this particular personality only transmit and receive on this single Group Call ID (in this case position 1 of Group ID List 1) . Group ID list 1 has maybe 50 Group Call ID's in it. So, do I hear everything on the master list 1 and not just the position 1 of the 50 member list? Also, what is a "Persistent Group ID (DMR)" located under Personal Features?

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
I am collect reports from those of you who are experiencing lock up of either the mobile or portable NX5000 radios series with version 2.10 installed. Please email me directly so I can submit to Kenwood tech support this week. Thank you. I am addressing 3 other users at this time who experienced radio lock up when on a DMR zone and channel. Thanks in advance

celltech25

nx5200 and 5700 lockingup

I have upgraded all of our radios to 2.4 firmware but having constant scan lockup issues any one else??

if i scan P25/DMR/ and analog about 50 percent of the time when it lands on P25 after to conversation is over the Unit id will never leave the screen and the radio will not rx any channel including the channel it shows on the screen until u interact with the radio. You can change channels change volume or press the Ptt and it will go back to working until the next time it hangs so far just seeing this on the 5700

on the 5200 we are haivng them just quit completely where you have to turn them off/on to get them to function at all

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
I have upgraded all of our radios to 2.4 firmware but having constant scan lockup issues any one else??

if i scan P25/DMR/ and analog about 50 percent of the time when it lands on P25 after to conversation is over the Unit id will never leave the screen and the radio will not rx any channel including the channel it shows on the screen until u interact with the radio. You can change channels change volume or press the Ptt and it will go back to working until the next time it hangs so far just seeing this on the 5700

on the 5200 we are haivng them just quit completely where you have to turn them off/on to get them to function at all
1, where is your dealer located?
2, I can test it, but your dealer has to send it to tech support.

EFM

celltech25

KD4efm

Kentucky

I am the end user as well as the dealer my fire dept bought 71 of these and they are all showing the same issues, we have other customers using them without any known issues but they are not using DMR/P25 and Analog all together see PM

tbiggums

How does the KWD-AE31 DES/AES encryption module install into the NX-5x00 mobile? Do you use the little flex cable that comes with it, or just plug it in directly?

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
How does the KWD-AE31 DES/AES encryption module install into the NX-5x00 mobile? Do you use the little flex cable that comes with it, or just plug it in directly?
Should be in the instruction booklet, but I recall plug in the flex.

Last edited:

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø

You use the flex cable.

From the manual:
1. Remove the cabinet, top packing and shielding plate from the transceiver.
2. Attach the cushion B and C to the module backside.
3. Fold the release paper as indicated in the figure. (This is shown in the manual, can't show it here)
4. Insert the connector of the module CN731 of the TX/RX PCB.
5. Pull and remove the release paper while pressing down on the module with your finger to hold it in place.

You'll need to tell the radio via the programming software that you now have the SCM (Secure Cryptographic Module) installed in the radio, or it won't let you program any of the SCM functions.

Status
Not open for further replies.