KHP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redneck0410

As far as I know nothing in Kansas has switched to Phase 2. I live in Troop F and never have any issues hearing them. In fact, I do remember hearing traffic earlier today from them.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jimbnks

Premium Subscriber
It is entirely possible, There just may not have been a unit on duty affiliated with the tower you listen to the on the KSICS system, assuming you only have inputted 1 tower.

There has been a number of time when I have had that problem of hearing no traffic, as a result, I needed to add other towers in my scanner to be able to keep hearing the traffic.

For the record as well, I have noticed a drop in the radio traffic last week, might have been in part do to the arrest in Garden City on Friday.

rcanon321

Premium Subscriber
Ref not hearing KHP. I live in the Troop A area using Olathe, Paola and Parker towers. Was working good last week. I was able to pickup Troop B and H also. I've tried listening to Trp A on broadcastify it is not coming through there either.

Redneck0410

My suggestion would be to verify you are using the correct control channels. Doing a quick search on the towers mentioned earlier, all those frequencies are still listed as Phase I digital.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bctrainers

Able to hear KHP Troop A, B, H and G [KHP] dispatches on the KSICS system without issue via my Whistler scanner on the discone antenna here in southern JoCo.

As your location states Osawatomie, KS (hilly area)... the nearest KSICS tower near you would be the Paola, KS tower (north). Next up would be the Parker, KS KSICS tower (south).

Paola KS: Main CC: 851.575, Secondary CC/alt: 851.9375

Parker, KS: Main CC: 851.7125, Secondary CC/alt: 852.4875, 852.775

KCoax

Premium Subscriber
Currently, KHP is still phase I on KSICS on Olathe tower. Same CC 852.1125. They are also on Kansas side MARRS with Troop A traffic.

rcanon321

Premium Subscriber
khp

Thanks, I think I found the problem. It was the antennae. Put back on the original antennae. I did have the 800 MHz antennae from RS on it. Not sure what happened with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.