KSICS Programming Template

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redneck0410

There was a KSICS Programming Template released back in 2011 that showed the preliminary talk group assignments for this system. Since several new talk groups have been assigned since the previous release, has that template been updated, and if so, where would I find such information?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

n0lqt

I got the template from KDOT through a Kansas Open Records Request. If it has been a while, you can request it through their website and share with the rest of us any changes or additions you find.

When I got the first one from them it was by email in a PDF format document. I took them over a month to respond to my request (I understand it caused quite a stir among the various agencies and they were trying to figure out how to legally deny the request) I then pulled the info into an Excel spreadsheet to manipulate it. That first one they released had some talk groups that didn't really need to be made public and I redacted those. Oddly enough, the ones they did redact themselves were talk groups used by the Radio Techs.... I guess the "geek squad" thought that if they didn't tell us about them, we wouldn't find and identify them ourselves.... :)

Redneck0410

I got the template from KDOT through a Kansas Open Records Request. If it has been a while, you can request it through their website and share with the rest of us any changes or additions you find.

When I got the first one from them it was by email in a PDF format document. I took them over a month to respond to my request (I understand it caused quite a stir among the various agencies and they were trying to figure out how to legally deny the request) I then pulled the info into an Excel spreadsheet to manipulate it. That first one they released had some talk groups that didn't really need to be made public and I redacted those. Oddly enough, the ones they did redact themselves were talk groups used by the Radio Techs.... I guess the "geek squad" thought that if they didn't tell us about them, we wouldn't find and identify them ourselves.... :)

If there's that much red tape to go through, that's more than I need... I'm re-doing the alphatags on my scanners and using their template as a baseline for the talkgroup aliases. I haven't requested anything through KDOT via an Open Records request before, but if it's gonna take a month for them to respond, I can have the list done on my scanners looooong before then. I've been working with it for the last few days and I'm already about halfway through the list.

I do appreciate your response though. I'll do some more digging.

-Shawn

Redneck0410

If there's that much red tape to go through, that's more than I need... I'm re-doing the alphatags on my scanners and using their template as a baseline for the talkgroup aliases. I haven't requested anything through KDOT via an Open Records request before, but if it's gonna take a month for them to respond, I can have the list done on my scanners looooong before then. I've been working with it for the last few days and I'm already about halfway through the list.

I do appreciate your response though. I'll do some more digging.

-Shawn
To update my previous post, I have finished the list. Keeping with their basic format, I have added in the new talkgroups that have gone live since the list was published. I will look at getting a pdf reader to edit the list and add in the new talkgroups. I did leave out the non-essential talkgroups (e.g. schools, KS National Guard, etc) to keep things simple.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.