Kyle Texas scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

el_pablo

After relocating back home to kyle texas, When i was last home i remember most were going to Opensky.Wanting to hear the city of kyle(pd,ems,fire)if possible.
any updates on what might work,or if everyone gone to opensky and scanning abilities will be limited..By the way, small town, san marcos about 10 miles south, austin about 30 miles north,, City of Kyle,Hays CISD and Seton Hospital about biggest things in town,.Thanks for any help!

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
I'm seeing two systems in existence for your county with a unique scenario. If I'm reading correctly here, the talkgroups on the P25 Phase-II system mentioned in the post above mine are patched over from the OpenSky system

1612441831758.png

With that said, if you have a P25 Phase-II capable scanner, click on the link tvengr provided above and try the following talkgroups. If the database is accurate they should all be "in the clear"

1612441603904.png
1612441841465.png

I'm not seeing any identified info in the database for "Seton Hospital" but did locate WRAQ593 via FCC search which appears to have a site in Kyle. Emissions appear to be DMR so you'll need a DMR capable scanner to listen for activity on this frequency & don't forget to submit your confirmed findings to the database. There is the possibility that traffic here may be encrypted (some hospitals encrypt their ops) & if that's the case, NO RECEIVER will be able to pick them up. An FCC license won't tell you if encryption exists, you'll have to listen in to confirm or negate encryption here (unintelligible audio, blips, etc) Good luck!

6464.837500007K60FXEFB2145.00030.00844-97.85308KYLEHAYSTX

Last edited:

el_pablo

Thanks everyone, greatly appreciated!!!!!! Scanner recommendations? probably hand held ,If all else fails a desktop..
I am not really to worried about Seton, its just that one of the MAJOR businesses in this small town. looking mainly for city of kyle, police,fire and ems, anything after that is just extra...

Last edited:

letarotor

I was down in New Braunfels just a week ago and listening to Kyle as well as many of the other users on the LCRA P25 system. I was surprised at how much radio traffic Kyle had when I couldn't sleep at 2:00 a.m. It seemed like they just kept talking and talking on the PD main channel and they were doing a lot of traffic stops. There is some encryption in some of the areas, like San Marcos PD, and you might not be able to hear everything you used to hear. But there's still plenty enough to keep the radio active.

On a side note, I noticed that Guadalupe County was on the LCRA P25 system as well as on their own DMR NEXEDGE system. It appeared to me that transmissions were broadcast on each system. Are they moving to DMR or moving from DMR to the LCRA P25 system if anybody knows?

Brian
COMMSCAN

KTR722

Feed Provider
Am using an Uniden SDS200 to listen to Hays county and it works great. SDS100 if you want portable but I dont have first-hand experience with it. Kyle FD dispatched by Hays county on TGID 5634/5635, San Marcos/Hays County EMS covers Kyle on the same TGIDs. Major fires/calls get moved to a Hays county OP channel. Kyle PD is dispatched by City of Kyle on TGID 5557.

Status
Not open for further replies.