LA County approves annexation of Vernon Fire Dept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulNDaOC

There was no Blue 3 at Verdugo Peak when the decision was made to move 74's to Blue 3. Interesting enough, Rolling Hills, Castro Peak and Oat Mtn provided coverage as you wound your way around the front country. Now that Verdugo Peak is in our system we may just have to run DAQ tests and see if we can get 74's onto Blue 5 with the rest of their fold.
I'm not that familiar with what part of 74's might be presenting issues. That last time I really listened to SGV Fire traffic the women from WWII were still working under Capt. Gerry Luce at old 57's on Peck Rd. LOL.

Not sure what Blue 5 has but LASD uses receivers on Lukens, Dissapointment, Magic Mtn (near Camp 9), Verdugo, Rolling Hills, but I don't think Oat.

The glaring hole LASD has in ANF is most of Hwy 39 is hit and miss and happens to also be the most active followed by ACH.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
At 8:00 a.m., LACoFD commenced fire protection & life safety services in the City of Vernon.

Ek3IkMyVMAExsKa

657fe2

Premium Subscriber
At 8:00 a.m., LACoFD commenced fire protection & life safety services in the City of Vernon.

Ek3IkMyVMAExsKa

Will firefighters assigned to Vernon stations be able to go on mutual aid calls now. 13 and 52 are the new stations right?

Status
Not open for further replies.