Lanark Fire Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

PriorMike

Forgive me if this has been covered before, but I have a question regarding Lanark County Fire Dispatching...

Using both my BC125 and BC346 to search, as near as I can tell PL/DPL tones are not used, however they use a single frequency for paging all their departments...

How does that work? I assume that everyone can't hear everyone else's pages/comms...

(As an aside, Lanark is crystal clear where I am, even indoors. I'm impressed. I wish Renfrew was that clear...)

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
I have only seen a PL show up a few times but only on the paging tone, not sure why, but other then that, you're right. No PL tones on frequency Lanark Co. fire. Lanark did improve there repeater situation a few years ago and has greatly enhanced there range of communications also I'm able to hear them now much better as well where I am too. I've heard them while mobile west of Cobden almost to Pembroke on the 17 as well as other locations too.

Just to keep the main channel (repeater) clear, they often will move to a simplex tac frequency.

As far as Renfrew fire dispatch is concerned, they're on 155.250, both can be heard on that frequency. Dispatch uses PL tone 67.0 while the mobiles will use 110.9. This comes in handy for me on a 396T as there's a birdie on 155.250 which makes it stop on it all the time.

Other frequencies for dispatch though that may be heard can be found on 163.800 PL 110.9 it is another repeater that has the same as 155.250 I only hear certain departments on there though depending on where you are listening from

As you're in Arnprior, a good frequency to put in is the UHF link to Foymount, 419.675 PL 103.5 and you should be able to hear both dispatch and mobiles countywide.

Hope this helps.

Forgive me if this has been covered before, but I have a question regarding Lanark County Fire Dispatching...

Using both my BC125 and BC346 to search, as near as I can tell PL/DPL tones are not used, however they use a single frequency for paging all their departments...

How does that work? I assume that everyone can't hear everyone else's pages/comms...

(As an aside, Lanark is crystal clear where I am, even indoors. I'm impressed. I wish Renfrew was that clear...)

gary123

The way most FD work is that the page tones are sent out on a UHF freq. That UHF freq is received by all the local departments and retransmitted on the local VHF fire freq at the local fire hall. If the local VHF freq is PL toned then the paging will usually have the tone as well since it is using the same transmitter the fire hall uses for regular comms.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
The way most FD work is that the page tones are sent out on a UHF freq. That UHF freq is received by all the local departments and retransmitted on the local VHF fire freq at the local fire hall. If the local VHF freq is PL toned then the paging will usually have the tone as well since it is using the same transmitter the fire hall uses for regular comms.
What's the UHF paging frequency for Lanark County? Or do they just use the main one 153.815 for both paging and on scene stuff until they move to a tac simplex?

PriorMike

Okay, but that doesn't answer my question.

If Lanark dispatch sends a page to Perth fire, does Lanark Highlands hear the page? What about fireground comms? One would assume no, however it appears on the surface with only one paging frequency and no PL/DPL that isn't the case.

gary123

My post was for general info on how many departments are set up. For my local system the tones are paged out on 410.1125 this is received at all fire halls in the county and retransmitted by each fire hall on 154.680.

the best thing to do is check out the industry canada page here

http://sms-sgs.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/sms-sgs-prod.nsf/eng/h_00010.html

select geographical area and 25KM. do 2 searches one in the 403-430 area and one in the 150-174 area this should give a good listing of the local fire channels.

The answer to the does Lanark hear the page depends on 2 issues. First is the page actually transmitted in the Lanark area and second do they use the same cap code? Most departments have different cap codes so that only the desired fire fighters get the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.