Latest Home Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM4WLV

Hey there guys !! I've done a little bit of rearranging as far as my home setup goes and wanted to share some pics with you guys. Here's a quick run down of what's pictured :

Radios:

- Motorola Systems Saber 3 VHF - Used for general monitoring and disaster response with the
Red Cross
- Motorola Saber 1 VHF - Used to monitor local public safety stuff. It's a stay at home radio lol
- Midland 70-165-16A VHF - Backup portable
- Motorola Minitor IISV - Monitors Rowan County (NC) Fire Dispatch
- Kenwood TK-380 - Used for UHF Ham, GMRS, FRS, and operation on a few private repeaters, and before the "radio police" jump on me for using it on FRS I know I'm not "supposed to" but I wanted something that can take the abuse that I dish out.
- Kenwood TK-340 - Backup UHF portable
- Baofeng UV-B5 VHF/UHF Dual Band Portable - Used daily when I don't want to lug around 2 radios. It's an awesome little guy !!
- Radio Shack Pro-2037 - Strictly used to decode the Rowan/Salisbury TRS for Trunk88 on
my desktop computer.
- Radio Shack Pro-95 - Analog VHF, UHF, & 800 TRS monitoring & some testing
- Radio Shack Pro-164 - Monitors the Rowan/Salisbury TRS
- Uniden BCD396XT - Used to monitor the Rowan/Salisbury TRS, NC VIPER, the new Charlotte Regional P25 public safety system, and numerous other digital systems throughout the state.
- Desktop Computer - Acer with 15" flat panel monitor (Model number escapes me) - This computer's primary responsibility is running Trunk88. It rarely is used for anything else.
- Laptop - Sony Vaio 15" - Model number escapes me on this one as well.
- Astron SL-11A power supply
- The box with the white LED's is our phone/cable modem for TWC

I think that about covers it for now. Hope you guys enjoy the pics & if you have any questions please feel free to ask & thanks for looking !!!

Overview of my desk

Top shelves of my desk

Shot of the lower half of the desk

Trunk88 in action watching the Salisbury/Rowan TRS

All the portables lined up and posing for the camera
*** My apologies for it being a bit blurry but the camera didn't want to focus just right***

KM4WLV

Any outdoor antennas? Pics?

As of right now I've taken the outdoor antennas down. I had a branch drop out of the maple tree in the back yard and damage them. I haven't had time to work on it, along with having back surgery last year getting up on the roof isn't quite as easy as it used to be. The only thing that was left on the outside antennas was the Pro-2037 but as it sits it does well with the telescoping antenna that came with it.

Here's what the outside antenna's looked like before they got damaged :

Thank you again to all those that have commented !! Sorry I haven't responded before now but I've been out of town for a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.