BCD436HP/BCD536HP: LCD Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

gus426

My BCD436HP LCD display is starting to fail..it has 2 parts to it.. It started with the first half fading this morning now the bottom half is fading from the bottom up contrast is set to 15..... I've only had this scanner 6 weeks...not happy I'll post pics soon..

Attachments

• 20140331_121357.jpg
    20140331_121357.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 1,582
Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
sad

Unreal ,I sold my 536Hp for these kind of issues,I may have considered a 436HP,but not now,thanks for posting!Whats wrong with Uniden nowadays?Profits over quality?They need to resolve these issues with the new scanners,guess Vietnam shouldnt be where they are made.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Yeah that looks bad. It might be a connection is coming loose inside it. Might not hurt to open it up and see before sending it back to Uniden.

FWIW, LCD problems on Uniden scanners is nothing new. I have a BC796D that sometimes the display is completely blank on. A few well placed smacks on the top of it usually sets it straight (not that I recommend doing that to your 436, it's no where near as tough as the tank-like BC796D). I also have a BC895XLT that the backlight went out in years ago. But yeah, I'd be unhappy too if my 436 did that. Such a shame that there are such quality issues happening with the production units. This is a really great scanner otherwise.

-AZ

n2pqq

Premium Subscriber
Did you try a full reset of scanner ?

Not that this issue should happen.

SCPD

QRT
LCD

Did you try a full reset of scanner ?

Not that this issue should happen.

It won't fix that issue,trust me.
Theres an electronic membrane that goes between metal contacts that feed the display and the LCD glass display itself,it seems that the membrane isnt getting full flush contact.Return to Uniden!Dont open it,please.Either the row that controls the display is bad or the LCD is made poorly,probably its just a connection.We hope-

Last edited:

caldwest

Gus426,

Did you confirm what the problem was? Did you have to send it to Uniden for repair?

Today my two weeks old 436 started to do the same thing .

Sam

al95

I'm glad I didn't waste my money on the X36HP scanners. I will be buying my BCD396XT soon. Glad to be a member of this site.

gus426

BCD436HP LCD Display

I ended up sending it back I bought mine through Amazon even though it was over the 30 day full refund policy they have .. I was still able to get all my money back. I'm buying a Uniden BCD396XT akso.

Gus

Status
Not open for further replies.