LCRA needs updating!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacrat551

TX Admin
Database Admin
Nothing like beating dead horse :lol:

I've been looking over the LCRA sites over the past month trying to get the sites updated with correct LCN's and control channels. I've pretty much have the Caldwell and surrounding counties pretty well worked out. Now I need your assistance in getting the rest of these sites updated. I've noticed there are several duplicated sites with different names. There are 5 listings for LCRA in the Austin area. They are labeled as follows: Austin, Austin area, Creedmore, Austin (Dobie), and Cedar Vally (Really Hays Co, but poss ID as South Austin) There are several others in the site listing (2 for Flatonia, 2 for Fredericksburg, 2 for LaGrange...etc) If anyone out there can monitor these sites, check them for correct LCN and control channels. Please submit you updates here - http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR_Submit&sid=48

kd5dga

Premium Subscriber
I am "working" on the "North Austin" location of LCRA trying to get the channel order.Right now I know that there is a LCN of the following;
lcn 7 =938.4125
lcn8
lcn13
lcn14
lcn15
lcn16

Glenn Blum
nolanville

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
kd5dga said:
I am "working" on the "North Austin" location of LCRA trying to get the channel order.Right now I know that there is a LCN of the following;
lcn 7 =938.4125
<-snip->

Glenn Blum
nolanville

Which one is "North Austin"? I ran trunker against site 915 about a month ago and confirmed the current LCNs for that site. I did notice some changes at that time. Perhaps I can run trunker against the site you're looking at, as well. I will run it again against site 915 tonight to re-confirm the LCNs.

Russell

kd5dga

Premium Subscriber
I actually was not paying attention. The Control Channel I was looking at was completely wrong and it was the TXU cc out of copperas cove. Now I actually can trunk Council Creek with good results from Nolanville. I cant really find a site directly south of my position.If you have any locations in Georgetown or round rock I would love to try them out.So foar I cant find much on these areas.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
A little off topic, but still in the neighborhood -- Does anyone have stored locally, the map that LCRA used to have on the web site showing communications network and the sites? I had it but due to improper back-up technique it disappeared when the HD crashed at the beginning of the year. :(

That map sure would be useful for such situations as this.

RenMan51

pacrat551 said:
I think we need to find a buddy with LCRA and get an updated map. I know threre are towers listed in the database that aren't on that map. Or that map shows a microwave site that is now a radio site also

Give me a few days. I did an FCC search on LCRA, and am in the process of transposing the tower locations to markers on GoogleEarth. Then I'll zoom out to show all the locations, take a shot of that, and (I guess) upload that to the pix area. (whew!) Will that help with what you need?

pacrat551

TX Admin
Database Admin
RenMan51 said:
Give me a few days. I did an FCC search on LCRA, and am in the process of transposing the tower locations to markers on GoogleEarth. Then I'll zoom out to show all the locations, take a shot of that, and (I guess) upload that to the pix area. (whew!) Will that help with what you need?

That will at least give us something. I'm really interested in what LCRA calls each tower, which may not be the same as the FCC data. Also, There are some places where they have frequencies licensed, but aren't in use. For example, LCRA has frequencies licensed for a supposed tower in Delhi (far eastern Caldwell County) I've searched each frequency and heard no traffic on any of them (except for traffic from other sites with the same freqs)

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
LCRA takes the same stance to "frequency acquisition" that other wide area commercial systems do; "If I can get the allocation, I will take it, maybe I will use it in the future." RACOM is another one that does this, for a view of "acquisition gone wild", consider Nextel.. So, using the FCC data will provide potential sites along with actual sites (providing the data is right and not all of it is), but it really is better than the map that "once was lost and is now found." ;)

RenMan51

pacrat551 said:
That will at least give us something. I'm really interested in what LCRA calls each tower, which may not be the same as the FCC data. Also, There are some places where they have frequencies licensed, but aren't in use. For example, LCRA has frequencies licensed for a supposed tower in Delhi (far eastern Caldwell County) I've searched each frequency and heard no traffic on any of them (except for traffic from other sites with the same freqs)

Okay. Looks like this might take longer than I thought. I'm just beginning page 6 of 19 in the FCC search results. I probably won't have it finished 'til next week (weekends are busy around here).

Sorry for the delay.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
It looks like we have several people working on this system's sites and LCNs. Very cool. I am monitoring site 15 - Austin. It's listed as 915 as LCRA re-uses site numbers similar to TXU. I am monitoring 915 using Unitrunker and confirm the site number and LCNs listed.

My current location must be prettyy bad as I can't seem to lock on to other site control control channels from here. I may go mobile over the weekend.

Russell

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
Site 8 (listed as 808) is Leander. The FCC records incorreclty indicate Bastrop Co and misspelled Leander, but the lat/long and location show 1.7 miles ESE of Jonestown in Travis County. LCN 10 was missing and has now been identified. The rest of the LCNs appear correct. This site is pretty much all LCRA Ranger traffic tonight.

Interestingly, the frequency line up is very close to Flatonia (Site 918).

Russell

SCPD

QRT
Russell said:
Site 8 (listed as 808) is Leander.
Thanks Russell. That typo had me thoroughly confused. Google maps couldn't find a "Leader, TX". Someone needs to confirm Lago Vista - which isn't that far from Leander. The frequency / LCN line up looks suspicious - the sites are too close to be sharing the same freqs.

Last edited:

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
There is also a lot of discussion on LCRA in the CenTex list. I've done some research and discovered the following;

Site 915 "Austin" is actually the Lake Austin site on antenna hill.

Sites 903 and 904 have the same physical address for their transmitters on top of a building at 2021 Guadalupe, near UT.

I may head down there and peg the actual site number and LCNs. This may be a fill in site for central Austin as the big site seems to be the one on Antenna Hill.

Where is Council Creek? Are the LCNs and freqs correct on the site? Which one is the control channel?

Russell

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
rfmobile said:
Someone needs to confirm Lago Vista - which isn't that far from Leander. The frequency / LCN line up looks suspicious - the sites are too close to be sharing the same freqs.

They also share the same site number. No way that works. These must be the same site.

Sites 808 and 908 have been merged into site 908.

Russell

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.