Lcra p25

Status
Not open for further replies.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Nope, NB is still running everything through the LCRA EDACS system. Listening to the New Braunfels site (007 I think) as I type.

Was hearing some more testing early this morning. At about 6:15 this morning I heard talkgroup 3 being tested on the New Braunfels P25 site, couldn't catch the RID and haven't heard anything since (but I've been in meetings/classes all day). I think it's interesting that until now all the tested (and confirmed) talkgroups were in the low 1000s, but now I'm seeing single digit talkgroups. I wish I had more time to dedicate to pure listening to this system.

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
The Comal LCRA site has a new control channel and I am not picking up anything now. the control channel does not sound like a EDACS control channel . My lcn order is correct per the database but nothing is coming across and it is not even picking up the control channel.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Today I caught talkgroup 11001 carrying traffic from New Braunfels PD. In the past few days we have seen single digit talkgroup numbers with testing and now a 5 digit talkgroup id. The NBPD traffic on 11001 was being carried from the EDACS system, and all the RIDs were "0." As a side note, the NBFD traffic is no longer being carried on talkgroup 1028 of this system.

I'm going to be meeting with some NBFD brass soon so I'll ask them the progress on the transition.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Tgrp 11001 is still carrying traffic from NBPD today, I'm going to start adjusting some tgrps in the DB.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Talkgroup 11016 was being used for NBFD Disp 1 from the LCRA EDACS system.

I think they've probably done there talkgroup allocations for this system, so I'm going to remove the descriptors for the 10XX talkgroups and leave them as "radio testing" since these haven't been used since last winter/spring.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Tgrp 3 was active around lunch time with some interesting traffic.

Two radio techs talking, one mentioned to the other that if he was through with the task at hand he could "go over to Live Oak to help them unload." Or he could "go over to Universal City." Either way, it appears that the LCRA techs are helping Live Oak with some system install.

The LCRA techs all had RIDs of "0."

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
I got the word from a bird today that New Braunfels is going to the LCRA P25 TRS (700 MHz) real soon...

The bird couldn't say when "real soon" was but he was holding an APX7000 in his hand. But I know that no mobiles are installed yet.

Another bird told me they were switching to all Tahoes, since CVPIs are phasing out and the Caprice warranty packages are more expensive than a geared out Tahoe with a similar warranty package. I would bet when the new Tahoes come (at the end of summer this bird said), we'll see some APX7500s.

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
That is good news...Now the rumors of San Marcos and Hays county going to the open sky system seems even more strange

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
LCRA has stated that they won't allow public safety users on their OpenSky system in a few documents, San Marcos won't go OpenSky, as far as I'm concerned you can take that to the bank. I'll ask next time I see my neighbor (CID Sgt.), but I'd guess they're going to the LCRA P25 TRS also.

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
Someone posted this and a link awhile back,It is from the University Star. link at he bottom, hope your right on the P25 this

SAN MARCOS, Texas — Emergency responders for Hays County will be transitioning from their old 900MHz analog radio communication system to a new system that uses OpenSky digital technology. The update will replace outdated service radios in an effort to create a more efficient response environment for the local authorities using them.

City invests in new radio equipment | University Star

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Very interesting...

I know New Braunfels isn't going OpenSky, and LCRA has indicated they wouldn't allow public safety on the system (I'm trying to find this link still).

I did find this video though. It is a video talking about the Harris side of LCRA's conversion from EDACS to P25. This page also mentions the EDACS-OpenSky linking.

The VP of Dailey-Wells says that LCRA has 50 EDACS sites, 13 P25 sites, and a VIDA switch (EDACS IP gateway to P25; and OpenSky transcoder for linking of OpenSky to P25).

Michael-SATX

LCRA-LiveOak Site P25 TRS linked activity noticed lately

Hello, listening all morning, things are expanding on the LO P25 site, here are some TG's to add:

Let's separate "All Talkgroups" into 2 ie "LCRA Talkgroups" and "New Braunfels Talkgroups"

Adds to "LCRA Talkgroups"

RadioTesting ID2 TG 2
RadioTesting ID4 TG 4 (TG4 is allready posted)
RadioTesting ID7 TG 7
LCRA Talkgroup ? TG 11 (traffic to brief to ID , sounded LCRA related )
LCRA CustCareCnt TG 20 (linked to TG#257 (02-001) on LCRA 900 EDACS TRS)

Adds to "Live Oak Talkgroups"

LO Citywide CH-1 TG 12038 (linked to TG#153 (01-031) 12038 is allready posted)
LiveOak/Selma PD1 TG 12047 (linked to TG#162 (01-042) on Live Oak EDACS TRS)
LiveOak/Selma PD3 TG 12048 (linked to TG#163 (01-043) Live Oak PD officer ID'd as CH3)
LiveOak/Selma PD4 TG 12049 (linked to TG#164 (01-044) Selma PD4 called to Best Buy in Forum)
LiveOak Bldg Insp TG 12164 (Building Inspectors as reffered to by the Live Oak Dispatcher)

ps~ Yes, I already submitted this data today, but thought I would share this so others could monitor !
OK, yes you 2 know who you are that pratically document everything for the Live Oak Area(DonH & NC :)
I have kept the Live Oak P25 Wildcard in my FAVS scanning with a special alert so I take extra notice
and then turn on another on my many scanners to just scan the Live Oak EDACS TRS so I can quickly
document "linked" talkgroups over on their new LCRA/Live Oak P25 TRS. Sure makes ID'ing TG's a snap!
So Live Oak and Selma seem to be leading the pack of 5 cities in being the first ones to use the P25 TRS

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
Good find, I was monitoring today and only the LOPD dispatch channel is coming across now on the P25 side . And LOPD 3 is ch. 3 on the radio dial but on the display it says LOPD 2 which still causes the officers trouble. And Talk group 164 is LOPD 4 which is there radio to radio channel(Best Buy is on the Live Oak side). Selma has there own radio to radio channel they use(there new "back"channel which is TG 70)

Good to see them using the P25 side, I know Selma has no P25 capable equitment yet and they still use LPE handhelds which cannot be upgraded to P25 so they have to wait to buy new equitment. From what I was told at least a couple years till funds can be come up with. But that is the beauty of patches, P25 to analog patches seem to sound a lot better than others.

On a side note, NBFD is back to being patched on the there LCRA P25 site...sounds good

Michael-SATX

I submitted to the RR DB, a new talkgroup.
P25 TG # 12103 Alpha-Tag = Schertz PD-1 Desc = Schertz PD Disp
(This TG is linked to the Live Oak EDACS TRS and also the 159.1200 VHF patch)

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
Already submitted that one and also the Schertz EMS 1 and 2 the Fire response channel as well as Converse FD and UCFD patches(there patches seem to come and go)

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
Looks like things are moving along on the Live Oak P25 LCRA site. Schertz is using digital radios now all services. Universal City PD and FD are getting new radios today and are now patched to the digital site. As of today every thing is still patched to the analog site. New Talkgroups being submitted to the database.

Myles

Here are some musings from my trip out there this year:
Found another control channel for site 18, Luckenbach-773.56875
Found a site 21 control channel on 769.21875
Hear it in Fredericksburg and some areas south along 87 and I-10. Might be Kerrville.
Heard these TG but did not figure out users:

jbsarandolphmonitor

Air band monitoring JBSA-Randolph
pro96com shows two unknown neighboring sites for the New Braunfels site. If you can help find them to update the database.
12020,"T7814",200,"00-0034",769.43125,""
12222,"T7A16",200,"00-0116",770.45625,""

Thanks

Donald

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
I had heard that the P25 towers were going to be on the same towers as the 900mhz ones. So I would think that there would be a second P25 tower somewhere in the Comal area

Status
Not open for further replies.