Leeds County Fire Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

firefighter88

Premium Subscriber
As for the TAC, they are tactical channels. Unless you are on scene you will not pick anything up. Straight radio to radio

Yes, a P25 1 frequency system in the 436 and the Talkgroup and Radio IDs will show up. As a conventional channel. Only the NAC shows up. There is a bit of a difference between the Uniden way of scanning conventional digital frequencies compared to a Whistler.
So are my 3 BCD 996P2 are set up wrong? Is what you are saying? So the ones on the feeds are set up wrong?

firefighter88

Premium Subscriber
Yes, a P25 1 frequency system in the 436 and the Talkgroup and Radio IDs will show up. As a conventional channel. Only the NAC shows up. There is a bit of a difference between the Uniden way of scanning conventional digital frequencies compared to a Whistler.
Sent You A DM

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
so my 3 BCD 996P2 are set up wrong is what you are saying so the ones on the feeds are set up wrong
If you are able to program them as a P25 1 Frequency Trunked system, then yes you should see the Radio IDs as well as the Talkgroup ID show up. If you don't care to keep track of Radio IDs or Talkgroups then keep it as a simple conventional channel.

If the talkgroup info and the radio ID info is all the same whether they use the Grenville Frequency or the Leeds frequency, then chances are it's a conventional networked system with 2 sites. The Leeds site and the Grenville Site. If that's possible with P25 systems. I know it is in the DMR world.

firefighter88

Premium Subscriber
Did you end up programming your 996P2 as a P25 1 frequency with 2 sites to see what results you would get?
Nope. As I said, my systems have been working since the day I set them up 5 yrs ago. I see the ID's just fine.

As the old saying goes: Why change something not broke?

Status
Not open for further replies.