Lifeteam

Status
Not open for further replies.

N0JRD

Premium Subscriber
Does anybody know what frequencies Lifeteam air ambulance out of Emporia uses?

compubandit

I looked around on the FCC website with no luck. It has aircraft license for private use but nothing in the public safety area. 122.700 and something in the 400 area but not repeated and focused on Jabarra in Wichita.

You might talk with the flight crew and ask them what they use. Several in SE Kansas are still using the HEAR 155.340 and Med Channels.

bnbequipment

Lifeteam out of Hutchinson uses the 800mhz repeater alot when conversing with hospitals in Wichita, they mostly use Reno Co. 800 EMS ch with a tone patch. When they are landing on scene they have the ability to use what ever the ground crew has, here they will talk on either our VHF EMS or Fire Frequency, but we have just given them a complete list of frequencies for the county.

Ellsworth county who operates on 800 for ems and police can talk to them there, or they can use VHF.

I believe they have the ability to talk on VHF high band, UHF, and 800, I am not sure about lowband.

Tim B.
Bushton Fire Department

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
Hi RyanH396.... I am a Medevac fan out of Kentucky and saw your post while surfing to the Kentucky Forum just below Kansas... try this freq as the Midwest LifeTeam "Company" freq--151.80500 (WNJY330 MIDWEST CORPORATE AVIATION) http://www.phillips66aviation.com/FeaturedFBOs/MidwestCorpAv.htm most Medevacs dispatch over a non-medical freq and perform other business there as as well...

hope that helps.....

Last edited:

FFighter81

bnbequipment said:
Lifeteam out of Hutchinson uses the 800mhz repeater alot when conversing with hospitals in Wichita, they mostly use Reno Co. 800 EMS ch with a tone patch. When they are landing on scene they have the ability to use what ever the ground crew has, here they will talk on either our VHF EMS or Fire Frequency, but we have just given them a complete list of frequencies for the county.

Ellsworth county who operates on 800 for ems and police can talk to them there, or they can use VHF.

I believe they have the ability to talk on VHF high band, UHF, and 800, I am not sure about lowband.

Tim B.
Bushton Fire Department

Here in Central Ks. We have "Eagle Med" out of Hays. They have VHF, UHF and 800 capabilities to talk to units on scene in Russell County and its surrounding counties. I do hear them on "MED" frequencies. Med 1, Med 2, etc. How they are dispatched, I do not know for sure. I spoke to an Eagle Med chopper pilot and he had a text pager on his side. He stated to me that when they are dispatched, his pager is sent a text message and then he calls his home base in Hays to find out where they need to go and the reason etc.

Not much help on where to find them, but maybe Life Team is dispatched similar.

FFighter81

Status
Not open for further replies.