Listen to Digital P25 on PSR500 Grecom

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcgama

Hello friends,
I recently bought the Grecom PSR500 scanner. Until then I used my SDR + SDR Sharp to listen to P25 broadcasts.

I have a receiving frequency: 172,470 which is what I hear in my sdr cm in DSD Plus.

Now how do I listen for the Grecom PSR500?

Just enter the frequency 172.470 that jpa will get the transmission in P25 or need to do some more configuration?

Thank you all.

Rafael

Swipesy

Hello friends,
I recently bought the Grecom PSR500 scanner. Until then I used my SDR + SDR Sharp to listen to P25 broadcasts.

I have a receiving frequency: 172,470 which is what I hear in my sdr cm in DSD Plus.

Now how do I listen for the Grecom PSR500?

Just enter the frequency 172.470 that jpa will get the transmission in P25 or need to do some more configuration?

Thank you all.

Rafael

Enter the frequency as - Conventional
Set The Mode to - FM
Set The Squelch Mode to - NAC
Set the 3 digit Squelch Code to - (whatever is number for system)

rcgama

Hi Swipesy, thank you for helping me.
I still have a question.

On my scanner when I go in CONV I do not have the option to choose FM, but rather to choose the type of frequency:

SQ Mode: DCS, P25 SEARCH, NONE, CTCSS.

If I choose P25 then I have the option that looks like this: P25 NAC:

Search when i enter this option appears
HEX JEY

To enter 3 characters.

So the option to choose FM does not appear on my scanner. Thank you for your help.

Swipesy

Yes the 3 digit code can be numeric or alpha. I use WIN500 and PSREdit to program my PSR-500 and I get a drop down list that I can choose the Code from if I know the code.

Attachments

• P-25.jpg
    P-25.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 925

rcgama

Hi, how cool .... then the problem is that I do not have the software to program like this.

I do it directly on the scanner by typing.

Another question, in the case I have no idea what is the cod NAC as I do to find out?
Because so: I know that here in my city there are several P25 digital frequencies but I do not have the NAC cod I just know it's P25 digital by the type of signal I hear that is different from the analog signal. In case it has a system where I put the frequency and it shows me what is the NAC cod of that frequency?

Swipesy

No. The PSR-500 is smart to know what type of system it is hearing. So if you are programming by hand just enter your 172.470 and leave the Mode on AU (Auto) and the Squelch Mode on Search. If the scanner decodes a transmission on 172.470 it will tell you that it is a NAC (P-25) and also should give you the 3 digit NAC code. Once you know all that you can program the frequency specifically as I showed you BUT it is not necessary to do so. The scanner should still decode the frequency unde auto.

rcgama

Cool very good I bought the scanner has less than a week I'm still catching up to understand how it works, but now I've cleared up a bit here the basic operation.

I was able to capture p25 digital signals but it does not decode, I believe the network has a password. Is there a way to find out the password for a network?

troymail

Silent Key
Cool very good I bought the scanner has less than a week I'm still catching up to understand how it works, but now I've cleared up a bit here the basic operation.

I was able to capture p25 digital signals but it does not decode, I believe the network has a password. Is there a way to find out the password for a network?

Sounds like it might be encrypted - no fix for that.

rcgama

Hi, look today today I placed the scanner to trace some frequencies and I came across this: 154.295

Screenshot by Lightshot

The Scanner stopped at this frequency,
See, DIGITAL DG appears
P25 and the code NAC: 1F0

But what happens is that no audio came out. This is normal?
This has already happened on several frequencies as well.
The Scanner stops looking, receives the signal appears the DF of DGITIAL, shows that it is P25 and the code NAC. However does not output audio. Is it normal or do I have to set something up?

THANK YOU.

Attachments

• 16244071_1239122862809393_1295456319_n.jpg
    16244071_1239122862809393_1295456319_n.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 644

rcgama

Hello, look at this video:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4Jp6JRZHCwyX1RyczNBOTlfeVU

I connected an external VHF / UHF DualBand antenna.

See that it picks up the signal P25, it informs that it is Digital DG at 169.550 frequency but it does not decode, I only hear strange noises.

Note that when I change the scanner to the frequency 169.725 it also says it is DIGITAL, but I believe this signal is coded, if friends can confirm me, I appreciate it. (Does this signal break and hear?)

Also see that the frequency 153.650 is digital P25 it up shows the NAC1F0 but also I do not hear anything only these strange noises .......

troymail

Silent Key
From what I saw (quickly) --

169.2375 sounds like either NXDN or data of some type.

153.65 (NAC 1F0) and 169.55 (NAC 2C0) sound like control channels - might want to try to program these as two different trunked systems

169.95 (NAC 2C0) is encrypted voice

169.725 (NAC 114) is encrypted voice -

151.25 - ??

153.59 (CTCSS 103.5) is analog voice ...

Hello, look at this video:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4Jp6JRZHCwyX1RyczNBOTlfeVU

I connected an external VHF / UHF DualBand antenna.

See that it picks up the signal P25, it informs that it is Digital DG at 169.550 frequency but it does not decode, I only hear strange noises.

Note that when I change the scanner to the frequency 169.725 it also says it is DIGITAL, but I believe this signal is coded, if friends can confirm me, I appreciate it. (Does this signal break and hear?)

Also see that the frequency 153.650 is digital P25 it up shows the NAC1F0 but also I do not hear anything only these strange noises .......

marksmith

If it is p25 and won't decode, there is no password involved. The system uses digital encryption and no scanner or software will decode those transmissions. The only thing that will decode them is a valid issued radio on that system.

Even if you could figure out how to decode encryption, you would be violating federal law.

So - out of luck on those signals.

Mark
536/436/WS1095/HP1/HP2/996T/996XT/996P2/396XT/325P2/PSR800/15X/others

rcgama

Ah yes, now I understood. But see: Some frequencies here I can hear on my desktop with DSD Plus, The Bm of this program is that it shows the frequency and the NAC code. So what I do is put this frequency in the scanner and also save the NAC.

But what is happening and that in my computer I can hear the frequency with the NAC but when I put on the radio and saved the code NAC I did not hear anything. What should it be?

I am using 2 external antennas, one for my radio one VHF atena and one for the scanner being this one DUAL BAND VHF / UHF

rcgama

Ah yes, now I understood. But see: Some frequencies here I can hear on my desktop with DSD Plus, The Bm of this program is that it shows the frequency and the NAC code. So what I do is put this frequency in the scanner and also save the NAC.

But what is happening and that in my computer I can hear the frequency with the NAC but when I put on the radio and saved the code NAC I did not hear anything. What should it be?

I am using 2 external antennas, one for my radio one VHF atena and one for the scanner being this one DUAL BAND VHF / UHF

troymail

Silent Key

Which frequency do you "hear" on DSD and what do you hear?

You should be able to program just the frequency - you don't need the NAC.

Status
Not open for further replies.