Little oops with Pro-18. Warning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

corbintechboy

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I figured I would post this here in case anyone has a ID10T error like I did last night.

I am a bit perfectionist with my electronics. I hate dust or dirt or oils or anything on my stuff. Almost a perfectionist to a fault. Last night I noticed a bit of fingerprint oil around the power button. So I decided to try and wipe the off with my micro fiber cloth and of course it did not come off. I then started to try and scrape it off with my fingernail and that did work, however I noticed the more I scraped the more horrible it looked. Well, the radio has a coating is the reason why. After cussing myself and calling myself every name in the book, I got to work.

I tried alcohol to no avail and tried lighter fluid with the same result. So after tearing the radio completely down I came to the conclusion that good old elbow grease might be what the doctor ordered. This is possible with about 6 Q-Tips and arms. Friction does the job in about 3 steady, careful hours.

Now the radio looks good with a glossy front and all the lettering stayed intact. So all in all I am happy with the outcome but just hate I forced myself to do it....LOL

Just thought I would let you know it is possible to do. Maybe yours is scratched and an eye sore or something, this does work.

Of course YMMV and no warranty implied yadda yadda...

Status
Not open for further replies.