Live Audio Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Utah_Viper

Live Audio APP

I would love to see RR update and upgrade the Live Audio experience. Currently on ly Android devices I have an APP called "Scanner Radio" it was created by Gordon Edwards. The APP has some amazing features. The ability to set alerts based on number of listeners, real time chat in each feed, and more.

I would love RR to create something similar as a APP on Google Chrome, or Firefox. Maybe even a stand alone Radio Reference Player.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
more stereo feeds and ability to pan left or right balances especially on mono feeds

thanks
phillmobile

Both these requests make no sense.

It's upto the feed provider to do stereo feeds, I personally find it dumb.

And it's a mono feed the same thing comes out of the left and the right.

mmtstc

Ø
Premium Subscriber
This would be kind of a Joint Live Audio/Database linking idea.

I was asked the other day by a friend, if I knew what feeds streamed a specific talkgroup on my states TRS. I had ne idea, and really didn't know how to go about it besides snooping through every single feed RR has for my area.

Perhaps, we should consider adding a feature that allows feed providers to go through the database and select which frequencies and talkgroups that they have running on their feed and have it linked back to the database, so if a person is snooping in the database and finds something that they want to listen to, then they could just click on some sort of link that would either bring them to which ever feed broadcasts that talkgroup or frequency, or else sends them to a list of the feeds that offer that resource.

I dont know the first thing about how all of this coding works, so perhaps this is a ridiculous pipe dream, but I would like to think it could happen when i look at how much different this site is compared to the RR that I first stumbled upon 10 years ago.

ffryan76

Feed Provider
Multiple Administrators on live feeds

Is there a way you can have multiple admins on live feed or add it to the broadcastify.com?
I would like to see a way that someone other than myself can post alerts and such without logging into my personal account that I provide a feed from.

jsncrso

KN4ZVZ
Feed Provider
Is it possible that any listener can activate an alert for a feed when a notable event happens? For example, the other day there was a large fire within my feed area and there were a significant amount of listeners, but I was at work with no way to type in an alert. As far as I can tell, only the feed providers can issue an alert. I think this would be a great feature especially tied in with the premium SMS alerting coming on broadcastify, and is a very good way to crowd-source emergency event information from out listeners.

Also, a iOS or android app for controlling and administering you feed would be pretty cool too!

ibagli

Access to the currently-recording archive file, so that you can immediately go hear things you just missed. (This used to be possible during the days of ScanAmerica and the early days of RR Live Audio with the incomplete/archive.mp3 file. I'm sure it was more of a bug than a feature since you could only find it if you knew where to look, but it was still nice to have.)

It would also be nice if disconnections didn't result in large chunks of an archive file being lost. Right now, it seems that the files only contain the period before or after (not sure which) any interruptions that happened during the time period. So if there's an 8:15-8:45 file, a momentary problem with the feed at 8:30 makes it so that only half of the audio is written to the archive file.

Last edited:

freightguy

TO: jsncrso

I do everything that you are asking for by installing TeamViewer. This is a remote access program between my PC and my phone. With it I can enter alerts, control the scanner as a virtual scanner with FreeScan (or shut it down), and restart the feed, should it go down unexpectedly.

TeamViewer is a free download available at Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

jsncrso

KN4ZVZ
Feed Provider
I do everything that you are asking for by installing TeamViewer. This is a remote access program between my PC and my phone. With it I can enter alerts, control the scanner as a virtual scanner with FreeScan (or shut it down), and restart the feed, should it go down unexpectedly.

TeamViewer is a free download available at Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

Actually, I use TeamViewer to administer my server computer my feed uses via my PC and my iPhone. The problem is I really don't listen to my feed all that much, so I have no idea if there is a major incident happening. Allowing anyone listening to the feed to issue an "alert" or anything would be useful if I'm not listening. With the new Broadcastify service, it might be a feature "premium" subscribers could have access to, and would significantly justify the monthly fee more, especially if integrated with the SMS feature.

Patriot515

Feed request

I sure would like to see a Bedford County Virginia Fire Dispatch feed. PD and Special Ops Command feeds would be great as well! If I can be of any assistance, please let me know.

Bedford County Fire Fighter
John Gilmour

ChargerSRT8

Premium Subscriber
Concerning alert feed page; Could it be possible to list the state in addition to the county? It would help with identifying the location/metropolitan area to determine if it warrants listening to particular listeners.

michaelbos

Mass Transit Police

If I may suggest a department to be added to Massachusetts ( Suffolk country ). The MBTA Transit Police which covers Boston and other cities North and south of Boston. They are a very busy department and would be quite interesting for folks to monitor.

470.66250 RM 131.8 PL MBTA PD1 MBTA Police CH-1

483.56250 RM 131.8 PL MBTA PD2 MBTA Police CH-2

Ch-1 is the main dispatching channel, Ch-2 is for CJIS listing, warrants.

JokeInsurance

If I may suggest a department to be added to Massachusetts ( Suffolk country ). The MBTA Transit Police which covers Boston and other cities North and south of Boston. They are a very busy department and would be quite interesting for folks to monitor.

470.66250 RM 131.8 PL MBTA PD1 MBTA Police CH-1

483.56250 RM 131.8 PL MBTA PD2 MBTA Police CH-2

Ch-1 is the main dispatching channel, Ch-2 is for CJIS listing, warrants.

As the admin mentioned in the post above me, this thread isn't for suggesting areas to be added. What you could try to is to go to the Massachusetts Radio Discussion Forum and ask there. It is a long shot though.

TailGunner61

Display State Info?

Would it be possible to include the state identification in the feed name wherever a feed is shown ("Top 50 Audio Feeds," "Audio Feeds with Alerts," etc.)? My suggestion would to be include the state designation in parenthesis first, e.g., "(NV) Elko City and County Public Safety." Since these databases list feeds from all over the U.S., not all are easily identified by what state they are in. The only way to find out is to click individually on the feed to go to the feed's page. Thank you!

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Is it possible for all feeds to have information listed under Feed Notes?

I'm pretty sure that's at the discretion of the feed provider. I doubt there is much they can do to force people to put anything there. Now if the provider cared about having a good feed, they should already be using that for feed information.

Would it be possible to include the state identification in the feed name wherever a feed is shown ("Top 50 Audio Feeds," "Audio Feeds with Alerts," etc.)?

Top 50 already has the state and county information listed, but it would definitely be an improvement on 'Audio Feeds with Alerts'. Perhaps it would be beneficial to set up 'Audio Feeds with Alerts' similarly to that to Top 50.

t0xPro-197

Premium Subscriber
been adding too mine so im now able too pick up dade walker fann in georgiaparts of gasden dekab stclair in alabama trying too get as broad a base as possable as odd as it sounds ive done it like this since i started and with were i live when bad weathers comming in comes in handy just in case im asked why lol

nfd24norf

Time to stir the pot!!

I am sure I am about to irritate some so I do apologize in advance. My biggest gripe is not allowing duplicate feeds. For example, both the Boston Fire Dept and Houston Fire Dept feeds are extremely, extremely staticy. I dont mean to pick on just those 2 because there are quite a few more that I could name off but anyhow, not allowing duplicate feeds does not allow competition. I have chatted with several people who want to provide a better audio quality Boston Fire Dept feed and are able to provide a feed with clearer audio and no static but are unable due to duplicate feed rule. Same deal with Houston. About 2 months ago there was a Baltimore City Fire Dept feed with no audio. Several people tried to contact the feed provider over a 2 month period and a person who wanted to provide a working Baltimore City FD feed was unable due to the duplicate feed rule. So what if 2 people want to provide the same feed? Let the listeners pick which one sounds better. I also have been in contact with someone who wants to provide a Houston Fire Dept feed. Take a listen to the current Houston Fire feed,(turn your speakers down before you do!!!) it is completely nothing but garbled static, I dont understand if someone can provide a better quality feed why they are not allowed. If someone is able to provide a better audio quality or improved signal they are unable due to the duplicate feed rule. I am hoping someone will be able to explain why the duplicate feed rule should remain.

Status
Not open for further replies.