LMRN General Discussion

gary123

Yes, the antennas are Sinclair. I believe the model is SW-2340 and ordered for the correct band.

mrweather

Thanks. Looks like the SW-2340 is a tri-band antenna with no gain on VHF. Wonder how that would impact tower coverage? Or maybe it's a non-issue.

EJB

20 + year membership
I have a bunch of Oxford, Norfork and some Perth, Elgin and maybe some CK. I can post them when I'm at home and I'll be on the lookout when they start to be swapped out in Brant Haldimand area. I have a RID of BELL Mobility worker who was on London Tac 1 recently

EJB

20 + year membership
Looks like EMS is slowly starting to change out as well. Watch for radios in the 42xxx range. I've logged some in London, and they are reported to be in Windsor too.

I'll be on the lookout for the new numbers

I'm starting to see and hear Brant and 6 Nations units with the new radios now on the Brantford tower.

ATCTech

Another new one with the lovely 1038 Hz tone, this time 143.625 MHz at a nice strong RF level here in Halton County. I don't see that frequency associated with any current Zone 1 site in the database (or the TAFL of course...)

hunterca

SDS100, BCD325P2
Premium Subscriber
Control channels are VHF. The "old" VR's were UHF in the 412 MHz ish range for the portables. Similar here, but rather then it being in the 400MHz, its 700. VHF for the trunked system on the car radios and 700MHz for the portables.
So does that mean the Control Channels of the new system are or are not changing from VHF to UHF? At least MTO is not going encrypted?

Jradioptbo

So does that mean the Control Channels of the new system are or are not changing from VHF to UHF? At least MTO is not going encrypted?
There will be no more 400MHz band.The Control Channels will remain on VHF.
The Vehicle repeaters are now 700MHz band with the new system.

Encryption on this new system when enabled will allow for pass through. Which ultimately means that scanners will be unable to decipher for audio. But until the system is in full swing, we are able to still listen because the encryption has not been enabled yet.

gary123

Many of us have scanners. Maybe we should set up a separate thread on configuring the system parameters, CC list and Base, Offset frequencies... etc for them?

hunterca

SDS100, BCD325P2
Premium Subscriber
I am wondering when Bell is going to start testing Zone 2 (esp. Ottawa). I have yet to read anything in my zone.
Thanks in advance?
Rob

hunterca

SDS100, BCD325P2
Premium Subscriber
As soon as you hear that 1038hz tone on the towers associated with your area.
I haven't yet got an SDR system setup. I am just using scanners only. I manually entered the Carlisle site with P2 as a system so far I am getting a signal and that is all. I punched in the VHF frequencies from the current system. Thinking they are still going to be used. I am using Uniden's SDS100 and BCD325P2.

Do not see anything in the Ottawa area so far.
The estimated time of completion is next year some time from the Toronto Sun's article from years past.

Muxlow

Super Secret
The estimated time of completion is next year some time from the Toronto Sun's article from years past.
More then likely be longer than that. But time shall tell. Seeing as Windsor to about Kitchener OPP cars have the new radios, EMS is just starting to get new gear. Still have MTO and all the other FleetNet users to get new radios, plus changing all the tower sites over. Going to be quite the project.

gary123

Tower change over should literally be a matter of turning on the freq. as a CC and directing the units to the LMRN mode. I would expect a few days of both systems active for the user to locate any stragglers, but possibly no simulcast. The Comm Centre monitoring the login will allow them to either tell the user to switch modes, or to get the radio changed out.

EJB

20 + year membership
More then likely be longer than that. But time shall tell. Seeing as Windsor to about Kitchener OPP cars have the new radios, EMS is just starting to get new gear. Still have MTO and all the other FleetNet users to get new radios, plus changing all the tower sites over. Going to be quite the project.

The radios are moving east. I heard a BMR worker use radio 52399 on the Burl/Niagara talkgroup do a radio test today around noon today.

London dispatch mentioned that the radio ID that they saw was 752399, a 7 in front of what RID we normally see.

The SDS100 does a crappy job recording. My HomePatrol I'm using these days for analyzing the FleetNet tower in Brantford. The HP records much better than the SDS.

I have Unitrunker on an old laptop but for whatever reason it isn't working. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've always had issue with Uni and I have no way or one to help me out here. I'd like to dedicate this laptop to LMRN and to provide all of you with the new RID's.

E

hunterca

SDS100, BCD325P2
Premium Subscriber
Of the articles (2), I am reading, they are quoting OPP dispatch will be ENC, not MOH. I will only believe it when I cannot hear MOH anymore (next year sometime).

hunterca

SDS100, BCD325P2
Premium Subscriber
Just took a trip to northern Ontario. Didn't find any new P25 control channels. Most OPP cars past Barrie all had the old antennas. Even a trip through Orillia, almost all cars had the old style antennas and the UHF BEAT and VR's still in use. No action at all off 700MHz
Maybe they are going in order of zones first Z1 then Z2.....