LMRN General Discussion

hunterca

SDS100, BCD325P2
Premium Subscriber
Just a speculation: The unencrypted tx's are going to be like the current MOH channels for better distance?

Jradioptbo

Gary have we determined what those beeps are?
DVRS transmitting P25 NAC perhaps status of radio or repeater until the encryption is activated for P25 voice comm's.
As of now, they are analog with PL tones.

Muxlow

Super Secret
Wouldn't it be something like on the SVR repeaters. They have an option when you TX, the repeater will give you a beep letting you know your transmission went through the repeater and over the vehicle radio. Is it possible it's something like that? Just an acknowledgement the VR heard you?

gary123

I am not sure yet what is causing the beeps. It is highly intermittent. When it's there it is there for all transmissions.
I am not sure if cycling the DVRS on and off clears it. It may also be caused when the dispatcher remotely enables the DVRS. I doubt it's there when the crew enables the DVR's as many crews enable the DVRS routinely.

jets1961

Is this system still just being rolled out or are the towers in use? BTW, I am not in Ontario except for a few weeks a year.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber

gary123

Trunk antenna that is not visible is the VHF LMRN antenna. The 700 that mike pointed out is the DVRS antenna. And the puck is a GPS antenna. All are Sinclair antennas if anyone really cares.

mrweather

Trunk antenna that is not visible is the VHF LMRN antenna. The 700 that mike pointed out is the DVRS antenna. And the puck is a GPS antenna. All are Sinclair antennas if anyone really cares.
Any speculation as to why they ditched the previous 1/2 wave/broadband whip for VHF with a shorter one?

gary123

More sites closer spaced. Also the 1/4 has less physical movement (wiggling) while the mobile is moving providing a more stable signal. This improves the TDMA signal recovery as the time slots are a shorter duration and thus less signal variation means better performance.

K-9UNIT1

Hi guys, does anyone know when the Windsor Essex EMS will go encrypted digital?
WFRS Went encrypted last year and WPS went encrypted on Earth Day, idk what year.

Also is the OPP in Essex County going go encrypted as well?
I believe some of the areas are encrypted already, but they are using I believe P25-DES XL.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
So far, it appears that everything on the new system will be encrypted, with the exception of the MTO Roads talkgroups (snowplows etc).

So that will include all OPP, MTO Enforcement, MNR, EMS etc etc. As for when, I don't think anyone knows for sure (with the exception of those involved) but with the way testing seems to be ramping up I'd say it's this year for sure, likely sooner than later.